6. The couch

It was more complicated than Taylor thought at first to finish recording the songs the next day because Lily was highly motivated changing things and instruments and adding effects to make the melody better for her lyrics. That implied that Taylor had to record it a lot of times. She didn't complain at all, she loved spending time in the studio singing but she had to admit that the studio without Karlie around felt weird lately. Taylor was sure that the songwriter would had made it a more satisfying day. She couldn't stop thinking about her so the moment she sat on the couch that night she couldn't resist the impulse of sending her a text.

Taylor: it has been really weird to be in the studio without you in your chair :)

Karlie was already in her bed after long day taking care of some personal issues and paperwork about her house and a lot of things she hated to do instead of being in the studio working. Karlie heard her phone buzzed of the night stand so she rolled in the king size bed wondering who could text her at that time. She couldn't contain a smile when she discovered the text was from Taylor, the singer was looking for an excuse to talk with her.

Karlie: when we are done with the album, I'm going to take that chair to my apartment :)

Taylor: I can help you with the move

Karlie: thanks... how was your day?

Taylor: the song is finally recorded, only one... we didn't have time for the other but it was a looooong day...

Karlie: are you going to continue working with Lily on Monday then?

Taylor: Lily has left the last word on me, Monday or Tuesday because she want my voice rested

Karlie: what have you decided then?

Taylor: It depends

Karlie: on what? Can I know it?

Taylor: my desire to have her waiting until the last minute to let her know

Karlie: don't be a bad person Taylor!!! Text her

Taylor: if you tell me that you will come to see me record it on Monday I will tell her right now that Monday is perfect for me

Karlie: are you really putting on me the responsibility of the decision?

Taylor: That is exactly what I am doing right now

Karlie: Monday sounds perfect for me :) that chair can't be without me so many years...

Taylor: she is not the only one... 

After that text Karlie stopped immediately her replies. Taylor's text was really direct, she missed her and it's been only a day, the singer wanted to see her more than she did. She liked Taylor but they were working together and mixing work and feelings was never a good idea, it could be really complicated if they get involved in a personal level. She couldn't let her feelings go, she needed to control them somehow and if Taylor wasn't doing it, it was her mission so she decided to send a joke to relax the conversation.

Karlie: at the end of this you are going to miss my interrogations right?

Taylor: something like that .... :)

Karlie: Taylor... I should sleep

Taylor: okay! rest well :) 

Karlie left her phone aside again and sighed, it was going to be work going to the studio and not try to flirt with her now that Taylor was the one making the move so she tried not to think about it. The singer was aware of what she had typed, she missed Karlie, it was true and she still felt guilty about the recording and how she snapped her. Luckily for her she didn't have a lot of time to think about it on Saturday. The singe had to go to do an interview with a popular magazine talking about how she was working on a new album. It was part of the promo plan that Gigi had made for her. She wanted her client to be bigger and that came with more publicity and being everywhere. She really never liked that part of her life, the photograph and getting ready during the glam time was fun but the interviews were the worst for her because there are questions and she usually had to lie in some of them about her life or her past. She had to measure her words a lot, being careful when they asked about her famous relationship, she couldn't contradict herself for one answer to another. It was inevitable that day they asked about Harry but she only said they were friends, ignoring the rest of it. But Gigi who was there also wanted to know more about it. Some fans had also saw them at the beach so Gigi wasn't sure if they were again using him or not. Taylor wasn't in the mood to talk about him so she just walked home when the interview was done. By the time she reached her house that afternoon she released a big sighed, feeling exhausted for all the pressure. Taylor laid on her couch with Oliver, catching up with all the tv series she hadn't seen that week because of work. When she finished the last Scandal episode her first thought went to Karlie because the songwriter had told her that she loved the show, so she didn't hesitate to text her.