8. Twister

Taylor and Karlie reunited a couple of days later, after the weekend. The songwriter had spent all the weekend with her sister and mum and Taylor thought that was the reason why they didn't see each other again or even texted but the truth was that Karlie was using that days to put some space between them. But on Monday she came back to the studio where she reunited with Taylor. The singer was glowing that day, the days off really suited her. Karlie sat in her chair while Taylor occupied her couch. Now it was easier for Taylor to open her heart to Karlie, it was probably because trust was about giving and receiving and she had received trust for Karlie's side. Karie asked her about that something that someone said once that marked her and surprisingly Taylor answered quickly. The singer explained that when she was dating Dianna the second time, she got really mad the day she discovered that the girl was dating someone else. They got into a fight and Dianna told her a phrase that still echoed in her mind sometimes 'All you had to do was stay'. For Taylor it was amusing how Karlie helped her to write a song about Dianna's point of view so easily and Taylor understood better why at the end of the day Dianna never broke up with her girlfriend for her. It took them a while to finish it because they didn't come up with a melody. Taylor spent one night alone at her house, excited about the idea of finishing another one so she spent all night trying to find a sound for that song. The next morning she arrived really at the studio, she wanted to share her ideas with Karlie. She didn't have any melody written or any cords, she just had in her head how to sing it. Karlie asked her to sing the song several times before she could reproduce something similar on her guitar. They spent all day talking about it and improving the melody until they finally had something solid. They were excited so they ran to Lily's office who was working on a new track for them. They dragged her to the studio room to show her what they've been working.

People like you always want back the love they gave away

And people like me wanna believe you when you say you've changed

The more I think about it now the less I know

All I know is that you drove us off the road

Stay

Hey, all you had to do was stay

Had me in the palm of your hand

Then why'd you have to go and lock me out when I let you in

Stay, hey, now you say you want it

Back now that it's just too late

Well, it could've been easy

All you had to do was stay

Here you are now, calling me up, but I don't know what to say

I've been picking up the pieces of the mess you made

People like you always want back the love they pushed aside

But people like me are gone forever when you say goodbye

Stay

Hey, all you had to do was stay

Had me in the palm of your hand

Then why'd you have to go and lock me out when I let you in

Stay, hey, now you say you want it

Back now that it's just too late

Well, it could've been easy