14. Beers and sunsets

Taylor had picked a black tight dress for that night that really showed her curves. She would like to see Karlie's face the moment she saw her wearing that dress but she shook those thoughts from her mind and just waited for the car at her apartment with the glam team and Martha. Her friend tried to cheer her up because even if Taylor hadn't told her what was wrong she knew that Taylor wasn't really happy about going to those awards for some reasons she didn't know. 

The car finally arrived with Gigi inside it and they drove to the theater. Gigi told her the instructions for that night and the questions that the press would probably do before she went inside the theater. Gigi also explained her that she had been talking with some of the organizers of the event and finally Taylor would be sitting right next to Harry in those awards. Taylor sighed, even if she knew it was a great idea for her image she couldn't stop thinking about what Karlie would think if she turned the television and found them sitting together pretending one more night. 

Like she had talked with Gigi, she did the red carpet where she found out that Harry had already done since everybody kept asking her if they had come together or not that night. The press was easy since Gigi did her job very well and make sure that they asked the right questions about her new album and what was she planning for the future. When Gigi told her that the interviews were finally done she walked inside the theater. As soon as she reached her seat she saw Harry sitting there already with an elegant and curious black suit with red stipes, he was surprised to see her right next to him, since he knew that she was going but not that they would actually spent almost all night together. 

Taylor was nice with him because he was actually a good guy that didn't deserve anything bad and she had a great time every time he was around. The gala started soon and they sat quiet. Taylor knew how those things worked and they were the center of attention that night, since everybody wanted to know if they were dating or not since their relationship was a mystery so it was inevitable that the cameras caught them talking or joking during the gala or the breaks. She knew that everybody around was paying attention to their interactions but she didn't think that Karlie was also at her house watching them at least for a short period of time since when the cameras caught them for the second time that night talking Karlie turned off the television. 

Once the awards show was finally over there was an after party really close to the theater

Once the awards show was finally over there was an after party really close to the theater. In normal circumstances Taylor would go and she would dance for a while and even talked with some guys of the industry to make connections and friends for the future but that day was different. She had been more than four hours talking with Harry and Gigi and other famous people around in the theater but the truth was that even with the laughs and the smiles for the cameras, the only person she really wanted to talk with was Karlie. She hadn't stopped thinking about her every time that Harry made a joke, or when Gigi remained her to talk about the album and she felt even worse for how she left things the previous day at the apartment. 

Harry tried to convince her to go to the after party but she didn't want to. The last thing in her mind was dancing or pretend to be fine for more time so she told Harry that she was tired after been working all week and she wanted to go home. The boy walked her to the car and Taylor made sure to put some distance between them to avoid an awkward situation like the time he kissed her. The car appeared really quickly so Taylor just said goodnight to him with a sweet hug and finally got into the car telling the driver that they weren't going to her apartment. Fifteen minutes later she was finally standing in front of Karlie's door trying to relax for a second before knocking at the door, she wasn't even sure what she was doing there she just knew that she had to do something.