Chapter 19: To The Rescue

The cold gusts of wind chilled my body entirely. As of right now, I have no control over my body, and I cant move. Standing on the edge of the cliff, I can feel pieces crumble into the ocean. Finch, running up to me, is yelling "Stella! don't you dare! Don't listen to the voices!" My face is now warmed by the hot tears spilling out of my eyes. I give a gentle smile, as I lean back, falling in what seems like slow motion. Finch however, jumped off, and is following  me to what seems like my death again. I fall silent, as I fall, and I feel like I'm slowly breaking out of the trance I'm in. Snapping back, I realize I am falling faster and faster with every second. I can feel my eyes widen, as well as my mouth as I let out a loud scream for hope. However, my screams were silenced by the large splash of water, and the wind has been knocked out of me as I hit the water with great force.

          My vision was blurred again, as I fell deeper and deeper into the silent abyss of the ocean. I could see things swimming around me however. Large, white, snake looking things...So terrifying as they had that face of a human covered in plaster. Their mouth could open wide and swallow me whole, I'm sure of it. Their eyes were just as dull as the faces they worn. I could only see the sight of two icey eyes, looking in the distance, as I inhaled the saltiness of the ocean, and fell into an everlasting sleep.

           "One, two, three, four, five,...." The sound of someone counting fades from my ears. Soon, most of my senses come drifting toward my almost lifeless body. I can feel my chest being pressed hard upon, and I soon feel a crack, as well as hear it. "One, two, three, four, five," Someone counts, but I can't tell who. They sound familiar. A breath is put into me. Oh, how I've missed the softness of his lips on mine... Another crack, filling my body with pain. Three more pumps were put onto my chest before I sat up again. The familiar saltiness of the ocean flood my mouth, and I get to taste it again. Spewing out of my mouth, I feel a hard pat on my back. "There, there, get it out Stella," I hear Clark say calming me down. "Stella! Oh I was so worried that you were dead!" Finch throws his arms around me, and I, in response, hug him back. He pulls back, and his black hair falls swiftly over his face, landing perfectly over his eyes.  Sweeping his hair back, his eyes change from that intimidating icy stare, to his gentle crystal eyes. Then, out of nowhere, I am engulfed in a bone crushing hug..."Don't you ever do that again Stella! We were all so worried! Do you understand me missy?" He said, with his mouth puckered like a fish. My face sits in disgust as he continues to pinch my cheeks and make weird noises with his baby voice, "Tch, you're really weird, you know." I say getting up, with wiping off my damp clothes. "I'm gonna go for a walk, who wants to go?" I say with a small smile. "I would, but I have to watch the house, and clean the cats...Sebastian and Pazzo got into the fridge again..." Clark had replied, scratching her head. "I'll walk with you, if you want," Finch said getting up and fixing his wet hair. 

       I stand, waiting for him to tidy up. I was quickly changing, as Clark was kind enough to bring me a change of clothes. I soon met up halfway with Finch. "So, where are we off to, my lady?" I could instantly feel the heat rush to my face. It worsened the closer Finch got to me. "I-I don't really know, I guess,"  I stutter...I don't even remember ever stuttering before I met Finch. 

        As we walk around, the soft grass on my feet is gentle against my bare skin. I still looked like a mess. My hair was long and tangled. The blackness of my hair has slowly inched up to my lower back about where my hip starts. The beautiful dress Finch and Clark had got me is torn into ribbons, so I changed into a pair of blue shorts and a black hoodie. Finch however, wore his grey hoodie and his black jeans. His hair, now dry, rests oh his soft, gentle face. The breeze was warm and flowed softly. The moon was still high in the sky, and larger than it would have normally been. As we walk, the forestry landscape is presented, and we walk about, we wondered into the darkness of the forest. As the wind was blowing, the branches of the trees rustles, and some leaves fell to the idle ground. The breeze smelled of the different trees and remaining late flowers, as I'm sure it's almost summer or fall here. I walked close to Finch, our hands brushing against each other a couple of times, only resulting in my face turning scarlet. Luckily for me, it was still dark, and Finch cannot see. I can see a glowing  blue-green color on my face, and I knew something was up. A faint scream was heard, and Finch turned his head quickly, his eyes changing from that sweet crystal shade to the intense icy stare he had. "Stella, let's go," he said quickly turning around, grabbing my arm. "No, I want to see who it is, someone might be in trouble," I return, crossing my arms. 

          After reasoning with Finch, we decided to take a look around. "Finch, I see some lights," pointing towards the glimmering shade between the trees. It was obvious he didn't want to go, but he followed anyway, walking in front of me, a knife in hand. As we crept closer, it was seen that it was a smaller house in the woods. The screaming continued, and we got to the window on the porch. Two people stood in the room, an older man, grey hair speckled the majority of his black hair, seen taller, and his bone structure soon fading, as his skin was growing wrinkled. "Do you know this person?" Finch turned and asked quietly. "I'm not sure yet," I say, facing back. A small girl, huddled in the corner of the nicely set room. "Don't you dare start crying again! You have no reason to cry! people have it a hell of a lot worse, you filthy piece of garbage," the man said, walking closer to the girl with each word seeping out of his disgusting mouth. "It's your mothers fault a piece of shit like you is still around," He said with struggle and force, as he swung his leg into the girls rib. "Look at me! Look at me," He screamed at the top of his lungs. The small girl, with the long dark brown hair sat up, and I instantly could tell how she was. "B-Bri-B," was all I was able to say.  The warm breeze, once again turned to a cold misty thickness, covering the atmosphere. "You piece of shit," The man said, tossing the beer bottle in his hand to the hardness of the floor in front of the girl. As she quietly wept, the older man stumbled to the stairs. "Do you know the girl?" was all that Finch could say, eyes wide and jaw dropped. "Unfortunately, yes. That was Brittany, and she goes to our school," I said with darkness in my tone. Yes, I feel bad that this is her life, but I still have all the loath in the world towards her. As she picked up the shards of glass, she slipped them across her arm, that is, before she looked directly at Finch and me. Picking up a knife, she chucks it at the window, just barely missing my face. The last thing we saw before we ran, was a smirk, plastered to her face. 

     She had something planned.

                         *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

  A/N Hello my lovelys!!! This chapter took forever to write, but it's here! I certainly hope everyone enjoyed, and if you happened to, be sure to vote, comment, and recommend! It really means a lot when you guys leave feedback, and any ideas you guys have, will be taken into consideration. Thanks guys! Off to the next chapter! Love you all!