Chapter 11: Traveling on

A/N Hello my lovely readers! How's it going? I was really wondering what you guys think of this story so far. If you couldn't tell, I feel like my skill at writing has greatly improved from chapter 1. I would really like some feedback on the story, and votes would be cool too! Make sure to vote and recommend and all that good stuff! It really means a lot! enjoy chapter 11! :)

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I was slightly moving in my sleep, however, I wasn't able to move freely. My eyes flew open, seeing I was in Finch's arms. At first I wasn't sure what was happening, then I remembered last nights events. I had that nightmare. His hold is really tight too. I sighed and gave up on trying to move without waking him up. However, I could move my head around and take a look around. The curtains slightly parted, I could see the sky was blue, with bits of orange and red. It's going to storm...Great! Now, I wasn't very fond of storms, but if I'm lucky, I'll be able to go fishing at Clark's pond, that is, if she's still alive. I'll never be able to get out of bed if he doesn't wake up, I silently thought to myself. I looked over at Finch sleeping calmly. I could feel the heat rise to my face as he began to mumble in his sleep again. "Nghh...ughh," was all I could understand before his blue eyes looked at me again. It was even warmer in bed, first we had the blankets still, and Finch is already just warm as it is, and the fact the my face grew hotter by the second didn't help. "Stella," he started, voice tired and raspy. "Y-yes?" I stuttered, pushing my thoughts aside. "Why is your face red? are you sick?" He asked, putting one of his soft hands to my face. His action didn't help. I'm pretty sure the redness has built up to my ears. Forgetting that I'm still on top of him, I answer his question, soon sliding off. "I'm fine. just warm I guess," I bluntly reply, turning to look at him stretch, as the blanket falls off the top half of his body. Walking over, I grab my hairbrush laying on the nightstand. Bringing it to my head, I hear him talk. "Did you sleep well?" He said, flopping his arms down, as I could hear it colliding with my small bed. "Well after the nightmare, I guess I could say I did," then he grabbed my face playfully. "Did my comforting help?!" I swear he can be so childish sometimes. His personality literally goes from dark and serious to...well this in 2.5 seconds. I roll my eyes at his actions. "It was, until now," I say completely in monotone. "What? sorry for trying to lighten your mood!" He said, turning around crossing his arms. "Whatever you say, Pink," I snap back, seeing him turn around frantically looking at the letters. "Why are you so mean Stella?" He asked, fake crying. "Get over yourself, you're acting ridiculous," I say, rolling my eyes once more, and walking to the tiny bathroom. Soon to be greeted by Pazzo and Sebastian, I pour their food and get them water. Petting them both, I stand up and face myself in the tiny mirror. More is turning white. "w-why is this happening?" I say as I begin to silently sob to myself.

"That my d- Hey, are you okay?" I could hear Finch quietly walk up to me, forcing me to look up at him. "What's wrong?" He said sternly, yet with sympathy in his tone of voice. I look up at him, red and teary eyed. "I-I don't know what's wrong with me!" I said screaming at the top of my lungs. I ran to the drivers seat and started the engine of the camper. "Stella! where are you going?" I heard him yell, running through the camper. "I'm going to get Clark. We aren't that far anyways. About ten miles or so I think," I heard him click the seatbelt. "What are you doing?" I ask, pulling forward onto the empty broken road. I could hear him open a little backpack. "Well, to start off, I'm doing a little research, second, I'm sitting up here with you on the ride you your friends house, and third, I'm telling you there's nothing wrong with you," I look at him, and see a gentle smile come across his face.

It was about an hour before Finch spoke again. Looking in his book, he read, "Marie Antoinette Syndrome," he said out of nowhere. "I raised an eyebrow at his statement. "What," I was really confused. "Marie Antoinette Syndrome is a sudden whitening of the hair. The event that named the syndrome was the observation that the hair of Queen Marie Antoinette of France turned stark white after her capture of the ill-fated Flight to Varennes during the French Revolution. Witnesses said her hair turned white on three separate occasions," he stated like a know it all, then he closed his book. "Maybe that's what's going on. If you didn't notice, your hair is turning more and more. yesterday it was only about two inches from the roots, now it's at least half a foot in. It's nothing severe at least," he smiled once more. "Well at least that's good, I guess," I said as we pulled into Clark's driveway. Please be ok. I grabbed my machete, and Finch pulled something out of his bag. I set my things down, and walk to my bedroom. "Stella, where are you going?" I heard Finch from up front. "I forgot to change out of my pajamas!" I yell back. Pulling out a pair of baggy green jeans, I slide them on, after I've taken off my shorts from last night. Pulling the sweater over my head, I hear the door burst open. "w-what?" I hear Finch ask, out of breath. "G-get out! I'm changing!" I throw a hairbrush at him as he closes the door. "Sorry!" he apologises through the other side of the door. I brush it off, and grab a heavy black hoodie, and throw it on. I walk out of the bedroom door, and see Finch changing. Damnit. He gave a poor example of a girlish scream and covered his shirtless body. "Get out Stella! I'm changing!" my face drops and I sigh turning around. I could feel him creeping up behind me, his arms raised. I quickly turn, and grab his arm.

A mischievous smile is placed across his face. "That's what you sound like," he said in a mocking tone. "Tch," was all I managed to say before I heard her scream. "H-he-hmph!" Finch and I froze in terror, then ran out of the door, locking it behind us. I stood in awe at the chilliness of the heavy, foggy air, as the sky was a light grey. I went to open the door, but it was locked. Finch had tried to kick the door down, but he backed up, in pain. "Shit," he said under his breath. I've never hear d him curse. "My turn," I say to him, more than myself. I back up a few feet, and take a running start. Using myself as a battering ram, I put my shoulder into it, and the door swings open. "wow. Didn't know you had it in you Stella," Finch stayed back in shock, but I ran in the house, Finch soon following after.

"Clark!" I yelled into the empty home. The only thing that answered back was Finch trying to catch his breath. We stood there for about five minutes alone. We heard Clark's scream, and ran outside again. "The manhole." I said staring blankly at the man made hill. I've never been down there, but I could heard Clark screaming for her life. Finch and I lifted the board covering the huge hole in the ground and walked in. Neither of us had grabbed any source of light, and it was dark. We were sneaking through the damp, hollow hill, searching aimlessly. I felt Finch's warm hand grip my arm tightly. I quickly turned to face him, but froze in shock. "w-what's with your eyes?" I asked, hoping for an answer, as his now ice blue eyes were piercing into my soul, with a slight glow. "The same as yours, I told you, I'm like you, or more so, you're like me. since I'm older," that was his reply, but I soon forgot my question and saw the shifting blue-green haze from my own glow. Then, the air grew even colder, and damper. Everything stopped, and Finch was violently shaking me. "Stella! What's wrong? snap out of it!" I could hear Finch yelling in a whisper, but I couldn't move, as I heard her cackeling laughter, once again.