3

"You did what?!"

Mariah sighed. She was in her bedroom, laying on her bed with her cell phone pressed to her ear. "You don't have to shout, Lilly."

"I can't believe you ran away from Miss Croft!"

"Ugh, I didn't run... I walked very fast."

"You know what I mean, Mariah. This was your chance to get to know her. Who knows, maybe you'll become friends and get to go to all types of parties."

"I. Don't. Like. Parties."

"Sure, sure. And she wanted to come to your house? Who says no to that?!"

"She was just making suggestions, calm down."

"Well, the way I see it you have two options: Fail Mr. Virtue's class, or work with Isabella and get a good grade to pass."

"Hmmm... Horrible choices..." Mariah muttered, her face turning pink just from the thought of being around the alluring Princess again.

"I mean it, Mariah. The next time she asks to work on the assignment you'd better say yes."

• • • •

It was finally Friday. Students practically jumped out the doors to get outside and go home or go out with their friends.

"Hey, Mariah!"

Mariah froze. There goes that voice again. I swear it's like songbirds singing. She turned around and saw Isabella Croft walking over to her.

"I was afraid you'd run away from me again." Isabella said, pouting playfully.

Please don't do that. Mariah groaned internally. Do you know what that does to me? I'm gonna need new pants if you keep that up...

"So, can we please start on that assignment? It's the weekend and it's not like I have anything else to do."

"Umm, I don't know..." Mariah started, but paused as she saw Lillian and Caleb standing not too far away in front of the school, glaring intensely at her.

"Come on, please." Isabella begged.

Please? Princess Isabella is pleading with little old me?

"Um, well, I guess we can go to my house and—"

"Really? Great! Let's go!" Isabella said in excitement, grabbing Mariah's hand in her's and taking off towards the street where an all black van was waiting.

She's fucking holding my hand!!!