Chapter 24

Kayla's POV

It's been a couple weeks since I stayed at Jack's house. I got Luke to start talking to me again, but it took FOREVER. I'm sitting in math now minding my own when a chair is pulled in front of my chair making a screeching sound against the floor making me wince. I looked up to see the he one and only Luke just staring. "Can I help you?" I asked leaning to the side to try and see the board so I could answer the next question. "Yup." He said popping the P. I raised an eyebrow telling him to continue. "Well I really need you to come over Monday night." "Why?" I asked setting my pencil down on my notebook giving him my full attention.  "Well it's the first night of winter break, and Jenna and Mark are going to be at the club all night." "Yeah, don't take offense to this but I don't know if I trust you enough to go to your house alone." He frowned running a hand through his hair. "I won't do anything." He grumbled out. I sighed. "Maybe I'll ask. We might have family coming down." He smiled and nodded.

"Are you serious? You're not actually considering it right?" Jack asked as we walked through the park waiting for Kaleb and Suzan. " I don't know. I mean I like him and all but... something seems off." I frowned looking down at the slightly snow covered ground. "Well... I mean you should go if you want to. But if anything happens call me and your brother we'll handle it." Jack said smiling down at me. I smiled back and saw Kaleb sneaking up behind Jack. I looked away as if nothing was happening, and shortly after a loud "Boo" followed by a smack sound. I looked over and saw Jack laughing while Kaleb held his cheek with pouty lips. "Owe!" Kaleb whined and started walking away. "Wait no! Babe I'm sorry!" Jack hollered after him and pulled him into a hug. "Awe!" I squealed taking a picture and posting it on Instagram. "Where's Suzan? She should have been here by now." I said shoving my freezing hands into my jacket pockets. Jack shrugged and pulled his beanie over his ears. "She probably forgot." Kaleb suggested making me nod. She is forgetful. I sighed and walked over to the swings leaving Jack and Kaleb alone at the table they were at. I brushed off the snow and sat down enjoying the light snow fall.

"Kayla were headed to the Coffee Hut wanna come?" Kaleb asked walking over to me hold Jack's hand. I smiled and nodded getting up and watching the snow fall off my jacket. "You know you look like a happy little puppy right now." Jack said tapping the tip of my nose. I laughed and entered the coffee shop. "What do you guys want?" I asked throwing my jacket in a booth and grabbing my money since its my turn to pay. "Black coffee with two sugars and a drip coffee with a shot of espresso." Jack said staring out the window at a passing car. I walked to the counter and placed our order. As I waited for our drinks I felt someone bump into me. "Oh my! I'm so sorry. Alana be careful!" I smiled sweetly at the mom then her daughter "Its okay ma'am."  I said and turned back around to grab the drinks and walked back to the table. "You have a watcher." Jack Adair and gestured to a table across the way. I looked over and saw the little girl that bumped into me earlier staring at me. I smiled and she giggled hiding her face, and peaked at me again and once again giggled and hid her face when I smiled once again.

I got home plopped down onto my bed and texted Luke telling him I'd come over on Monday.