Chapter 25

Kayla's POV

I woke up slightly to my mom shaking me awake. "I'm headed to work. There's chicken noodle soup on the stove for lunch. Text me when you go to your friends house." She said and kissed my forehead before walking out. I laid there for about an hour desperately trying to go back to sleep. But with no luck I sighed and walked over to my window throwing open the curtains to reveal an all white portrait. I smiled and walked downstairs for a cup of coffee bumping into Jacob on the way back. "What time are you going to his house?" I opened my phone and looked at the time 10:49. "Sometime between 3:30 and 4:30." "Oh... Well I'm kinda going to the movies at 3:00..." He said scratching the back of his neck. "That's okay I'll walk. It's not to far." I stated and walked back to my room. "I should study for finals when we get back." I said to myself mentally groaning, and pulled out my textbooks and laptop.

"Kayla! I'm leaving!" Jacob yelled from downstairs. I yelled okay back and closed all my books putting them back in my school drawer by my bed. I hoped off my bed and walked to my closet while turning up the volume the music playing on my phone. As I looked and looked I finally decided on wearing an oversized cream colored sweater, black fleece leggings, grey scarf, and a matching grey beanie. And since my hair was still wavy from yesterday's braid I just put it in a loose side braid. I did my makeup and headed out the door grabbing my green anorak jacket and made my way to Luke's house.

As my body shivered I walked up the sidewall  to the door and bushed the bell. A few moments later Jenna answered. "Oh hello Kayla. Come in you look frozen!" She quickly ushered me inside and out my jacket in the closet. "Hi Jenna. How've you been?" I asked making small talk. "Oh I've been busy with the club lately but overall good." She smiled leading me into the kitchen. "Do you want something warm to drink? Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, Carmel macchiato?" She asked opening a cabinet filled with teas, creamers, and coffee beans. "Tea please I said pulling my phone out letting my mom know I was at Luke's. "Will peppermint be okay?" I nodded admiring a painting that's hanging on the wall. "Luke! Come down here please!" Jenna yelled up the stairs as I sat on the couch waiting for Luke. "No!" "Get down here right now! You have a guest." I chuckled heat his foot steps coming down the steps. "Kayla I thought you were coming over at 5:00." He said walkin over and siting next to me. "It's 5:20, but I got here at 4:50." I said taking a sip of my tea. He nodded and turned on the tv.

"Okay guys were leaving, you know where everything is, keep my house clean, and if you need anything call the club not my phone cause I won't have it on me." Jenna said walking out the door her husband following. "So want do you want to do?" Luke asked standing up from the couch pulling me with him. I smiled but shrugged. "Okay how about board games?" "Yes, yes, yes what do you have?" I said excitedly Luke chuckled and took my hand leading me to their game room. My eyes instantly landed on a colorful Jenga box. "Jenga!" I said excitedly and grabbed the box making Luke laugh. "Cheater!" I  yelled as I went to pull out a piece and Luke shook the table making the tower fall. I pushed him off the couch, but he pulled me with him when he fell so I landed on his chest. "owe" I whined trying to get up. Luke smiled and pulled me back down. We laid there in silence for a few minutes just looking at each other, Luke's eyes going to my lips every now and then, and Luke slowly started leaning in. "This is going to lead to a storm of events." I whispered before his lips touched mine. Luke looked up at me and said "Let's find out." Before he placed his lips on mine.