Chapter 9

Candice POV

I was laying in bed after putting Jayce to sleep. I got a call from Jayceon and I hesitated to pick up. I decided to pick up.

"Hello," I answered.

It was silent for a second then he answered me.

"Hey."

"So..why are you calling?," I asked.

"You know why I'm calling," he said. "So I want to get to know my son...after a paternity test," he said to me.

I was kind of hurt when he said that to me after seeing that Jayce looks just like him, but then again we don't know each other and we had a one night stand.

"You're the only one I've slept with after 2 years," I tell him.

"Yea but I still wa-," I cut him off.

"Want a paternity test ok...we can go get one tomorrow morning at 11:00," I said.

"I'll pick you up from your house," he said.

"I'll just meet you at the main hospital," I told him.

"Ok no problem. Well I'm about to go to sleep. Good night Candice," he told me.

Damn his voice.....

"Good night Jayceon," I responded and with that we hung up and I drifted off to sleep.

Next Morning

I woke up and looked at the time. It was 9:00am. It was almost time for Jayce and I to go meet with Jayceon at the hospital.

I got up and picked out a cute outfit today. Maybe I'll take Jayce to the park afterwards. I picked out some black leggings with a hangover white shirt and some white sandals. After finishing up in the bathroom and getting dressed I went to go wake up Jayce.

It's always a struggle to wake up Jayce. After a good 10 minutes I finally got him out of bed. After I took care of Jayce in the bathroom I dressed him in a batman t-shirt with jeans and retro 11s.

We went downstairs to the kitchen and I cooked pancakes and bacon. It was now 10:45 and it was time for us to get going.

The drive to the clinic took 15 minutes. Jayceon was standing near his Lamborghini with a pair of shades, a hat, and a goodie over his head. I guess he's hiding from paparazzi.

"Hey," I greeted Jayceon.

"Wassup," he greeted back. "Wassup lil man."

"Hey you look like me," Jayce says.

"Let's go inside, I said while grabbing Jayce's hand and leading the way.

I signed my name and waited for someone to call us in. After 20 minutes we were called in.

"How is everyone doing," the doctor asked.

"Fine," we all say in unison.

"So what is brings you all today," she asks.

"DNA test," I simply say.

"Ok no problem."

The doctor took two cotton swabs and stuck one in Jayce's and Jayceon ' mouth.

"Ok you will receive the results in two weeks," the doctor said.

"Thank you," Jayceon said.

Once we got outside, I walked to my car and put Jayce I'm his car seat. As I was about to get in my car Jayceon called my name.

"Candice," Jayceon said.

Oh hey Jayceon," I said back.

"I was wondering if I could take you guys out. Maybe get to know you guys better," he suggested.

"Yea sure. I'm taking Jayce to the park. You can come with."

"Ok I'll follow you there."

We both got into our cars and Jayceon followed me to the park. When we arrived Jayce ran straight to the slides. I sat on the bench watching him and Jayceon sat beside me.

We learned a lot from each other. He was quite surprised that I didn't know who he was considering he's a famous rapper. We also talked about Jayce. As we were talking we heard someone crying. When we looked up it was Jayce. He fell and scraped his knee.

I was about to get up but Jayceon beat me to it. He carried Jayce to his car and took out a first aid kit.

"You can't be crying because you fell lil man. You have to suck it up and get back up," Jayceon says to Jayce.

Jayce shook his head and gave Jayceon a pound.

After that we went out to eat and then after a couple of hours we left.

"I had a very great time today. Jayce say thank you," I said.

Jayce looked at me and laughed. Instead of saying thank you, they did this complicated handshake. Jayce bonded quickly with Jayceon. It was surprising because he doesn't bond with people well.

After our goodbyes we headed home. One we got home, I got Jayce situated for bed and I drifted off to sleep in my own bed thinking about Jayceon.