Chapter 12

Candice POV

It's been two days since i've spoken to or seen Jayceon and quite frankly I don't even care. He could live his life with Katrina and act like Jayce and I don't exist. As i'm laying in bed, my phone rings and it's Katrina. I honestly don't feel like speaking to her.

"Hello," I answer plainly.

"Hey girl! I haven't heard from you since the party."

"Yea I know."

"Jayceon told me you left because you wasn't feeling good. How are you feeling now?"

I cringed when I heard his name.

"Yea....I'm feeling better," I answered her, playing along with the lie he told her.

"Good cause I'm coming over to see you. Text me your address," she said.

"Ughh...ok," with that we hung up.

I sent her my address then went to go check on Jayce, who was playing with his toys in his room. Thirty minutes later I heard my doorbell ring. I went to open the door and was greeted by Katrina with a hug.

"Hey boo, I missed you."

"Hey Katrina," I said awkwardly.

"What you been up to," she asked.

"Nothing really. Just been here and work."

"Well I also came to ask you something," she said nervously. "Will you be my bridesmaid pleaseee," she begged.

"Umm are you sure. You don't have any family members or close friends who could be your bridesmaid?"

"I'm not close to my family and I don't have any close friends. You're actually the first girl I could even call a friend."

"...Sure i'll be your bridesmaid." I told her regretfully.

She squealed and jumped on me giving me a tight hug.

"Mommy i'm hungry," Jayce said as he came out of his room.

Katrina turned around and looked at Jayce with widened eyes.

"Is this your son," she asked me.

"Yes he is. His name is Jayce."

Katrina stayed very quiet for a while which made very nervous. What if she finds out who Jayce's father is? Katrina stayed quiet for a good 5 minutes before she squealed again and jumped off the couch walking to Jayce.

"You are soo cute OMG. My name is Katrina but you could call me Aunt Katrina," Katrina told Jayce as she pinched his cheeks.

"Hi.." Jayce said very nonchalantly.

He then walked away going back into his room not giving Katrina another chance to speak to him.

"Okay Candice well it is time for me to go. I'll call you as soon as I get home. Bye Boo," Katrina said as she walked out the door.

After that, I made my way to the kitchen to fix Jayce something to eat wondering why did I agree to be Katrina's damn bridesmaid.

Katrina POV

As I am driving home all I see is Jayce. He oddly looks like a spitting image of Jayceon. He can not be the father of Candice's son. They just met at my party. I was there when I introduced them. I'm just over exaggerating. At least Candice agreed to becoming my bridesmaid. Thank you God for helping find a true friend like her. We are never going to have problems.