Figure It Out

Jen's POV:
"Do you think this could actually work?" I ask Lana because I want this to be real, not just some experiment. She gives a little laugh through the tears. "One thing I've learned is that true love has away of working itself out." She says. "Y-you think, were meant to be together?" I ask and she shrugs. "You never know." She says. "Okay." I say and intertwine my fingers in hers. "But maybe we should keep it on the down low for a while, we don't know how everyone is going to react." I add and Lana nods in agreement. "Yeah, I agree and knowing Adam and Eddie, it may take them a while for them to accept us." She says. "I have an idea to keep us a secret at least for a while." I say. "And what's that?" Lana asks. "What if we stage an argument and act like we hate each other at work, so no one suspects anything." I say. Lana thinks for a moment before she nods. "I think that could work... But I don't know how I'm going to be able to stay away from you." She giggles and I can't help but blush. "I know, but we can tell everyone when we're ready. But we have to promise eachother not to let what anyone says about us get to us. We can't let the homophobes affect our relationship." I say.  "I promise." Lana whispers and I gently capture her lips and she kisses me back. I smile into her kiss and I pull away.

"Thank you for always being there for me." She said and I gave her nose a little peck. "Of course Lana." I reply with a smile. "There's just one thing." I say and she looks at me confused. "What?" She asked. I grabbed her hands again and smiled. "I want this to last, I want this to be the last relationship I'll ever be in. That being said, I want to take it slow. I want to be sure that I love you before we-" and I'm cut off by her lips on mine. "I know Jen, I understand, you don't have to tell me. Let's just take it slow." She says when she pulls away. "Thank you." I say and she gets up and takes the now empty wine glasses to the kitchen and I follow.

"Well, I better go then, we have another early morning tomorrow." I say grabbing my purse and phone off the countertop. "Alright baby." She says before kissing me one more time. "Baby?" I ask. "What?" She says looking a bit sad. I smile and giggle. "Nothing, I like it." I say before kissing her back. "Meet me in my trailer 15 minutes early, I want to have sometime with my girlfriend before we have to work." I say. "Alright, see you in the morning" she says with a smile as I head out the door and to my car.

I honestly can't believe what just happened. The girl I've been crushing on for the last two years is now my girlfriend. I drive home as my thoughts whirl in my head, knowing there was no way that I would be getting any sleep tonight.