We Need SwanQueen

Jen's POV:
We pull up to my house so I can pick up Ava and bring her over to Lana's since she invited me to stay the weekend with her. I go inside, grab a small suitcase and pack some clothes and my makeup before I pick up Ava and go back to Lana's car.

Lana's POV:
While I was waiting for Jen to get ready, I check my phone and notice I have several new text messages from my older sister Deeana and her son Sam.

Sam: your dating Jen?

He asks and I laugh before I respond.

Lana: yes I am.

I type out and tap send before looking at what Deeana said.

Deeana: omg I didn't know you two were dating! You guys should fly to LA this weekend, we're throwing an Easter family reunion.

Lana: okay sis, sounds like fun. I talk to Jen and see what she wants to do.

Deeana: okay, can't wait to meet your special girl ;-)

She says and I smile. Just then Jen gets in the car with Ava. I smile at her. "How would you like to go to LA for the weekend and visit my sister? She's throwing a family reunion for Easter and my mom is flying in from Brooklyn." I say. She smiles. "Sounds like fun." She answers. And I pull out my phone to text Deeana.

Lana: we will take the first flight out tonight

Deeana: OK I'll have the guest room ready for you guys so you don't have to worry about staying in a hotel.

Lana: thanks D. See you tonight.

"So we should try and catch the next flight. Would you mind texting Ginny and see if she could take Lola and Ava for the weekend?" I ask Jen. She smiles at me. "Of course babe." She responds before taking her phone out.

Jen's POV:
I take out my phone and text Ginny.

Jen: hey Lana and I are taking a last minute trip to LA for a family reunion. Would you be able to watch Ava and Lola for the weekend?

I ask and I get a response almost immediately.

Ginny: of course! Oliver just loves those two! Drop them off on your way to the airport.

Jen: thank you so much

I send to her then check my Instagram and twitter while Lana continues to drive. Both twitter and Instagram are blowing up with photos and news of my relationship with Lana. I smile at all the nice posts and tweets from our fans and I even like a few of them. At the next red light I look at Lana. "Our fans are asking for a photo." I say to Lana and she snatches my phone out of my hands and pulls up the camera. She turns her head so she's facing me and I slowly lean into her and our lips collide and I hear the camera sound as she takes the picture. She hands the phone back to me and I smile at the photo. I go back to my Instagram, choose the photo from my camera roll and type up a caption.

"So much love from the best girlfriend I could ever ask for." I type and tag Lana in it and attach it to my twitter before I post it. With in seconds comments and retweets came pouring in and I laughed. Our fans are so supportive and enthusiastic and I love that about them.

We get to Lana's house and she runs inside to pack up a few things and grab Lola. It takes her only about fifteen minutes before she comes back into the garage with Lola's leash in one hand and a suitcase in the other. Lana opens the back passenger side door for Lola who jumps in the car and is happily greeted by Ava. I smile and Lana closes the door and throws her suitcase in the trunk before getting back into the car.

We drive to Ginny and Josh's house and we get Lola and Ava out of the car before we both walk up to the door. Lana rings the doorbell and we wait a minute before it opens. "Hey ladies!" Josh says and opens the door to let us in. Ginny comes downstairs when she hears us. "Hey guys!" She says with a smile and hugs Lana and I. "Hey!" I say returning the smile. "Thank you so much for watching our girls this weekend at such a short notice, my sister is throwing a family reunion over the holiday and we just decided to go." Lana explains. "Oh its no problem! We love your girls and we will take good care of them." Ginny says as she pets Ava who I'm holding. I put Ava down and Lana unclasps Lola's leash and they run around the house excitedly. Lana hands Ginny a bag of dog food for both Ava and Lola and she takes it. "Alright, have fun you guys!" Ginny says as we turn to leave. "Oh we will." She says with a smirk before kissing me and we leave.

Lana's POV:
We drive the car to the airport and find a parking spot. Jen and I get out and grab our suitcases before heading to the ticket counter. "Two first class tickets to LA." I say to the lady standing at the counter. She types it in her computer and she smiles at me. "There are two seats left." She says and I take out my wallet to pay. "Perfect." I say and I hand her my credit card. She slides it into the slot on the machine and prints out our boarding passes before handing it them to us. "Thank you enjoy your flight." She said with a smile and we went through security and found our gate and sat down in an empty area so people wouldn't recognize us.

Once we are seated and settled in, I take out my phone and what I see makes me laugh. I have thousands of twitter notifications about what happened in the meeting today. "Check your phone." I say laughing. Jen pulls out her phone and she laughs too. I find an article with a title that makes me laugh 'Once Upon A Time Writers are Homophobes?' I read the article, which is surprisingly a pretty accurate representation of what happened in the meeting. I show Jen the article and she too laughs at the title. "That can't be more true." She says. Then I scroll through a few more notifications and something catches my eye. Tweets from thousands of fans saying WE NEED SWANQUEEN and apparently, it was trending world wide. I laugh again and show Jen. "Our fans really want SwanQueen." She says laughing and I laugh and nod too. I quote one of the tweets and say "WE NEED SWANQUEEN is trending worldwide! We love our fans! #swanqueen" I say and tag Jen.

Jen's POV:
I see the tweet that Lana tagged me in and retweet it. I look through some of the tweets from our fans saying why they needed swanqueen and I honestly couldn't agree with them more. Many of them wrote how swanqueen would give other people within the LGBT community hope that if a fairytale about two strong women and their son could be accepted then they could be too.

Just then, two girls who looked to be about 18 walked up to us. "Lana? Jen?" One girl says and we both look up. We smile at them. "Hi!" I say and their smiles grow. "I just want to say thank you to both of you. You guys coming out gave me the courage to do the same and tell my parents who I am." She said wrapping an arm around the girl standing next to her whom I'm guessing was her girlfriend. I smile at them and so does Lana. "Love is genderless." Lana says. "Have you guys seen what's trending on twitter?" The other girl asks and we laugh. "How can't we?" I ask. "How about we take a picture together?" Lana asks and both of the girls eyes brighten. Lana and I both stand up and walk behind the girls. I take out my phone and hold it out in front of us, the two girls in front of us. "If we kiss, it would make it even better." One of the girls says and I can't help but laugh. I smile at Lana who nods in agreement and I smile. "ok. Ready? 1...2...3..." I say and Lana and I kiss, while the girls do too and I snap the picture. We pull away and I show it to Lana and the girls. They smile at Lana and I. "Thank you so much!" One of them says. "No problem." Lana replies. I open my twitter and select the picture from my cameraroll and type up a caption. " @AdamHorowitzLA WE NEED SWANQUEEN because love is genderless." I tag Lana in the photo then ask the girls for their twitter names and I tag them too. Just then we hear the boarding call for our flight. "Well that's our flight. It was very nice meeting you." I say. "Keep fighting for love girls." Lana say and hugs them. "We will!" They say in unison "we love you!" They say as we walk towards our plane.