learning to accept

Lana's POV:
We dropped the dogs off onset and are now waiting at the airport waiting for our plane to arrive. We've hardly said anything to each other all morning. I know she's hurting, so I don't say anything. We found seats by our gate after we stop by Starbucks. Jen rests her head on my shoulder with her earphones in her ears and eyes close. I know there is nothing to say to make her feel better, but just being there meant the world to her. I gently rub her leg, trying to comfort her as she tries to get some sleep. I can't imagine what she's going through. My sister is, well, my sister and I don't know what I would do without her.

After about a half an hour, a young girl who looked no older than 18 walked over to us."hi Lana! Would you guys mind signing my phone case?" I looked at her oddly and she pulled out her phone and showed me the back of the case which had a picture of Emma and Regina on it and laughed. "Of course I will, but Jen isn't exactly in the mood for autographs right now." I say and just then Jen opens her eyes and pulls her earphones out when she sees the girl. She smiles up at her and says hi. Then looks at me. "Its fine Lana, really." And I sigh. I take a sharpie out of my purse and we both sign her case. "Thank you guys so much, you have no idea how much this means to me." She says. "Oh and Jen, I'm not sure what's going on but stay strong. That's what you both taught me when my mom passed away from cancer last year." She says with a smile and we both smile back up at her. "Thank you." She finally says before walking away.

"You know you didn't have to do that." I say with a sigh. "I know, but what would happen if I hadn't? We inspire our fans, I don't want to dissapoint them." She says and I smile before I kiss her. "That's why I love you." I say with a chuckle.

Jen's POV:
We eventually get on the plane, both Lana and I silent most of the way. I listen to music while my head is resting on her shoulder, as I try to get some sleep. After the 2 hour flight, we rent a car and Lana drives as I give her the directions to Arlington Heights from Chicago. When we finally pull up to the house, I sigh and take a deep breath. Just being back here brings tears to my eyes. Lana grabs my hand and looks at me. "Hey, its going to be okay." She says and I smile at her sadly. We get out of the car and we hold hands as we walk up to the door. I knock, and Daniel answers, and when I see him, I can't hold back the tears anymore, and I sob into his strong arms and I can hear him crying too. "I missed you." He says finally. "I missed you too." I say before we pull away and then he notices Lana. He gives me an odd look before he finally understands who she is and he smiles at her before shaking her hand.

After being welcomed home by my brother, Lana and I walk into the house. Its weird being back here. Everything looks exactly how it was when I was growing up and the memories brought tears to my eyes. I walk into the kitchen, seeing my mom Judy and my dad David. They both look drained from the long day. My mom looks up at me when we walk in and she immediately gets up to hug me and that's when I lose it again, except this time worse. It felt so good to be wrapped up in her arms again. I don't even remember the last time we hugged and I've missed her comfort. "Oh, baby, I know it hurts, I'm so sorry." She said soothingly. After another long moment, we pull away and wipe away my tears and smile at her weakly. "So how have you been?" She asks not even realizing that Lana is in the room, or if she does she's just trying to avoid the subject for a while. "Great actually, in fact I'd like you guys to meet someone." I say and gesture for Lana to come up to me. I smile at her when she stands besides me and I wrap my arm around her shoulders and smile at my parents. "Mom, dad, this is Lana, the girl who kissed me at that concert all those years ago...and my fiancé." I say. They both looked shocked, and my dad gets up and leaves the room.my mom walks up to us and smiles at Lana. "So your the one who my daughter couldn't stop talking about." She laughs and I can see her check Lana out and smirks. "I can see why too, Jen, she is hot." And we all laugh. "Mom, you didn't go gay on me did you?" I ask with a laugh. "No... I'm sorry about your dad, he still hasn't accepted it I guess." She says. "And you have?" I asked surprised and she shrugs. "I figured that if your happy, then that's all that matters." She says with a smile and I smile back before kissing Lana on the cheek. "I am mom. Happier than ever." I say and smile. "Good. That's all that matters.as far as your dad goes, its going to take some time, but he'll have to get used to it I suppose." She says with a sigh. "So, how did this happen?" She asks and I tell her everything. And once I'm done telling her the story, she looks between Lana and I with a smile on her face and its kind of awkward for a moment until she finally speaks. "Well, Jen, as long as your happy, I'm happy." She says and I smile, with tears beginning to burn in my eyes. I had never thought she would say those words and I honestly don't know how to react. Lana grabs my hand and smiles at me, knowing how big this moment was for us, I just wish it didn't have to be the death of Julia that would actually bring us back together. "So mom, when's the funeral?" I ask her seriously. She looks down at her feet. "In two days." Daniel made the arrangements and knew you were coming and he didn't want to keep you too long from your busy work schedule." She says and I nod. Its heartbreaking to think that in two days, we will be burying my little sister. Just the thought of it brought tears to my eyes. I guess reality hasn't set in yet, but I'm sure it will soon.