True Love part 2

Jen's POV:
We pull away from each other slowly, both of us with tears streaming down out faces. Something had just happened between us, something that for more than half of my life, I thought it wasn't actually real. It felt like something that was written in Henry's storybook. It felt like a fairytale as our lips gently touched. I didn't think that what I felt was real, but when I saw tears on Lana's cheeks through the blur of my own, I knew. I knew that she was the one I was meant to be with for the rest of my life. I knew that she was my true love. I knew there was no better time to ask her what I've been wanting to ask her since I first met her.

I stand up and walk towards a box that was unlabled. I took the box cutter off the floor, and opened it. Inside the box was the jewelry box my grandmother, the only other person in my life who I thought had ever really cared about me, had given me before she passed away almost 18 years ago now. Surprisingly, she was the only one in my family who, had actually accepted me. I opened it up and inside lay the velvet box that she had also given me. I smile at it remembering the moment she gave it to me.

Flashback:
Grandma was on her death bed and my family was standing around her. "I'd like a moment alone with Jenny please." She said struggling to speak. My family looked at me and I nodded. They always knew I was the closest to her. They walk out of the room and I watch to make sure the door is completely closed. I walk over to her and sit on the bed and grab her hand. "Oh Jenny, your so beautiful." She says to me. "Thanks grandma." I say with a weak smile. "Now do you remember the story that I told you? The one about me when I had fallen in love with my best friend and we were engaged?" She asked and I nodded. "Yes of course grandma." I say. "Don't tell anyone, its just between us. I know how your mother would react if she knew I was engaged to another woman before I married her father." She says and coughs. "I promise grandma." I say. "Good girl. Now, if you could, on top of my dresser is a music box. Could you bring it to me?" She asks and I nod and get up. She's shown me this countless times, but she never told me where she got it from. I hand it to her before sitting back down on the bed. She opens it and smiles before taking out what looked to me like an old picture. She kissed it, then handed it to me. "Her name was Elaine. I loved her dearly and I miss her more than anything. I know I told you she died, but that wasn't what happened." She said and I look at her confused. "After she told her parents about me, they moved away. They wouldn't let her write to me and I couldn't write to her." She said and a tear fell from her eye. "I'm sorry grandma." I say sincerely. "Its okay dear. Just promise me, when you find the girl of your dreams, you won't let anyone stand in the way." She says and I nod. "Good. Now I want you to take this." She says and closes the box before she hands it to me. "It was the last thing she gave me before she moved away." She said. And I look down at the wooden box in my hand. "Its beautiful." I say with a smile. "Open it." she says and I do. Inside I see two more photos of her and Elaine and on top of them, is a very old velvet ring box. I carefully lift it up and put the music box on the nightstand table. I open the small box and gasp at what I see. A beautiful white gold ring with a beautiful diamond in the center and smaller diamonds along the outside of it."it was the engagement ring Elaine gave me." She says and tears begin to fall on my cheeks. "Grandma, its beautiful, but I can't take this." I say closing the small box and handing it to her. She smiles and wraps her hands around mine and the box. "For your special girl when you find her." She says and I smile and hold the box close to my heart. She smiles. "Now make sure you hide it so your mom never sees it. Its just between us." She says. I nod and place the ring back inside the music box and close the lid of the music box and stuff the music box in my winter coat. She smiles. "Jenny..." She says, suddenly out of breath. "Never forget... What I told you. You deserve the best." She says and coughs. I sit back down on the bed and grab her hands. "I love you grandma!" I cry. "I love you too jen-" and her eyes close as she takes her last breath.

I cry at the memory and remember her words clearly. "For your special girl." I sigh and pick it up before putting the music box back into the box it was packed in. I finally turned around with a smile on my face. Lana was still sitting down and she looked confused as to what I was doing. I walk over to her and sit down behind her. I spread my legs out so she's sitting between them again. I hold the ring box in front of her and open it. She gasps when she sees it, and I can tell she's crying again. I move in front of her and sit on my knees. "Lana will you marry me?" I ask and she nods through the tears and kisses me passionately. I take the ring out of its box and hold it up for her to see. "My grandma gave this to me before she died. She told me to save it for that special girl." I say and slide the ring onto her finger. She hugs me.

Lana's POV:
Jen slides the beautiful ring onto my finger and I hug her. "I love you baby." I whisper still crying."I love you too." She whispers back. "So what's the story behind it?" I ask her once we have both stopped crying. Jen tells me the story and I realize how much her grandma meant to her and now how much I mean to her for trusting me with her grandmother's engagement ring. I pull out my phone from my back pocket and hand it to Jen. "I think our fans deserve to know." I say with a smile and she smiles back at me. I hold up my hand in front of me and simple happily. She snaps the picture and looks at it and smiles before handing my phone back to me. I open Instagram and choose the picture from my cameraroll before typing up a quick caption. "I said yes!💍 and it only took her five years to grow the balls and ask" and then I attach it to my twitter and tag Jen before posting it. I hear Jen's phone ping with the notification and she grabs it off the bed and laughs at the caption. "Thanks." She says sarcastically and I smirk. She retweets and repsosts it on Instagram before turning off her phone and throwing it back on the bed. She walked back over to me, placed her hands on my shoulders and sat down in my lap. "I love you baby girl, more than anything else. I'm so lucky to spend the rest of my life with you." I say and she smiles. "No, I'm the lucky one." She says and I laugh before her lips are on mine again and that same surreal feeling comes back. Yes, this was true love I thought as I looked into my fiancé's beautiful eyes. This was where I was meant to be and I took a deep breath.