Monday-Apparently, I'm an Idiot

A year passed.  Tuesday and I were still together.  Now, it was December, and cold and snowy...I wish.  I was still in Tampa, and it was 70 degrees out in December.  I was shuffling through iTunes, looking for a decent song, while Tuesday was flying a kite...from her window seat.  The window was open, and she said that the higher up you were, the better the kite flew.  So far, she was doing a good job.  Sitting there, actually wearing the proper uniform for school (today was the last day before winter vacation), with a fishing hat on, she looked amazing.  She called kite flying "sky fishing", so insisted on wearing the fishing hat. 

After a few minutes of this peaceful silence, she sighed and turned to me.  "I wonder if I could catch a cloud if I coated this thing with glue and left it out here all day," she mused, reeling the kite in and shutting the window.  She hung her fishing hat on the pegboard inside her closet, and slammed the door and turned to me.  "What do you think?"

"Huh?" I said absently.  I was mildly distracted by her skirt, which had bunched up, revealing her perfect legs.  She yanked it down and glared at me. 

"Are you going ot pay attention to what I say, or just stare at my body?" she said. 

I ran a hand through my hair.  "I'm sorry, Tuesday, I'm  just a little bored.  We haven't done anything cool lately," I said, trying to keep the whine out of my voice. 

She thought for a moment.  "We could take shots," she joked, and sat down on my lap.  " I don't care what we do, Monday, as long as I get to be with you.  You can pick," she assured me, kissing my cheek.

I gulped a little.  I was a little nervous with Tuesday sitting in my lap.  I could smell her scent, fruity shampoo and flowery perfume with a hint of sweet tea (Tuesday was addicted to sweet tea, so naturally her pores practically secreted it).  I don't know what it was.  Maybe it was her smell, the way she batted her lashes against my neck, giving me "butterfly kisses", or maybe it was the caffiene high we were both on, but I just threw caution and everything else to the wind.

I grabbed her face and pulled it to mine.  She locked her arms around my neck, running her hands through my hair.  My hands slid from her shoulders to the small of her back, and she shivered involuntarily.

"I love you," she whispered as we fell  back onto the bed.  Her mom wasn't home, and wouldn't be until Christmas day. 

Everything was so quiet.  It was just us...just this.  I undid her tie, and when I stopped kissing her, she tugged on my tie, pulling my lips back to hers. The knot unraveled.  I unbuttoned her shirt, and she undid mine. 

Soon we were together.  "Oh my god," she muttered, a couple tears running down her face.  I kissed them away. 

After that there were nod words spoken.  We just stared into each other's eyes, conveying messages silently.  Her brown eyes shone from tears and happiness, and she looked so calm...calmer than I had ever seen her.  There was no eye twitch, no dent inbetween her brows, no hard-set jaw. 

After all was said and....well, just done, she lay next to me, her head on my chest.  "Why did that just happen?" she murmured.  "Why did we just do that?"

I twisted my head around to look at her.  "Why are you wondering?" I asked her.  "I love you, Tuesday.  And you didn't stop me."

She grinned sheepishly.  "That's true.  But...we're 15, not even sixteen.  Don't you think it was a little early?"

I kissed her nose lightly.  "Tuesday, you put all that responsibility in my hands.  It's going ot be fine.  What's the worse that could happen?"She didn't answer.  I looked and saw that she was asleep.  I chuckled.  Typical Tuesday, falling asleep in the middle of a conversation.  She would do that a lot in school when she was younger.  In the middle of an intricate answer, her head would hit the desk and she'd be snoring.  I watched her lip quiver lightly, like it always did when  she slept.  I stared at her, until my lids started to get heavy, and I slipped into a deep sleep. 

I found myself in a hospital room, Tuesday lying on the bed.  Her stomach was bulging, and she was crying.  On a screen was a sonagram. 

"Congratulations, miss.  It's a boy," the technician said.  Tuesday sniffled.  Typical Tuesday, getting overemotional.  Then I noticed I was crying too. 

"Monday, this is great.  A boy...just like we wanted," she smiled, despite the tears.  "I can't wait to tell Mom, Jamie, Valerie and Mason."

"Are you sure you want to do this, Tuesday?  We can still keep him," I said. 

'" I'm sure, Monday," Tuesday stated firmly. 

I woke up, freaked.  Weird dream.  But it was just a dream, right? 

I really hoped it was.  I glanced at Tuesday's stomach, almost half-expecting to  see it rounded.  I glanced up at the ceiling, worried. 

Tuesday was only 15.  Nothing would go wrong...right?

I'm such an idiot.