Monday-Dead Ended

I had not really planned on this.  I lay in my bed, trying to sleep.  That would have been just fine, if I hadn't wasted three hours already trying.  The whole dilemma with Tuesday was keeping me up.  I was worried about her.  I knew she was pregnant, but I still half-expected to wake up and find her sick. 

Tuesday was fragile, both in body and mind.  Carrying the baby was going to exhaust her.  I was also worried that her mental health would start to flater as well.  I loved Tuesday, and her semi-craziness was part of her flamboyant personality.  But I had seen her with too much on her plate.  She stressed too much, lost sleep, and worked herself into poor health until she just kind of crumpled under the pressure.  I wondered if that would happen with her and the baby.  Yeah, she wasn't keeping it, but the vitamins, doctor bills, new clothes for when she got bigger, would cost not only money, but a whole lot of attention and time. 

My thoughts drifted to Tuesday's mom.  Even though her mother had calmed down since Tuesday had stood up to her, Chelsea made it perfectly clear that she wanted me out of Tuesday's life.  Where would I go?  My mom wanted me to stay in Tampa. If I went back to New York, my mother would just send me away again.  Besides, I didn't want to be anywhere near the place where I almost died, even if it was a year ago and those creeps were in juvie. (My mom kept in touch with letters and had told me about that). 

I got up, finally giving up the idea of sleep.  I went downstairs, and poked around until I found some bags for chamomile tea.  I was not a huge fan of tea, but this stuff would help me sleep.  It was either that, or sleeping pills.  I didn't want to go anywhere near pills or anything that could be used as a drug ever again. 

"I see you are not the only one who can't sleep," said a voice.  I looked over my shoulder to see Chelsea with a glass of warm milk in her hands.  She sat at the table.  "Come sit next to me, Monday, I want to talk  to you."

I sat down warily, with a mug of hot tea in my hand.  She took a sip of her milk, and let out a long sigh.  "I'm not going to lie, Monday, I thought you and Tuesday had better judgement that this."

"I know," I said quietly.  "I regret what happened prematurely between Tuesday and myself everyday."

"Let me make it clear to you, Monday, that I don't want you gone anymore.  You are like the son I never had. But know this: you let my daughter down in any way, or break her heart, or fail  to be there for her, and I will kick you out."

"Chelsea, I would never leave Tuesday.  I love her," I admitted, uncomfortable.  Talking to your girlfriend's mom about feeling was awkward times a really big number.

"Many say that, but Tuesday is going to be emotionally haywire, even more extreme than some others because of her personality.  I know having a pregnant, grouchy girlfriend is tough, but do NOT leave my daughter wating in the cold."

I gulped down the rest of my tea.  "I won't, Chelsea, I promise."

She smiled for the first time in days.  "I hold you to that promise, Monday," she said, standing and ruffling my hair.  "Now I think we could both use some sleep."

I went back up to my room, stopping to check on Tuesday.  She was fine, slumbering peacefully.  I dropped a light kiss on her forehead and went to my room. 

I felt the heaviness of exhaustion crawling in my nerves, and let it drag me down.