Chapter Fifteen

Courtney
I slid out of bed, rubbing my big stomach. I've gotten so fat, today was the day that I turned nine months pregnant. I went into the bathroom, running some hot bath water. While I waited for the tub to fill, I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair into a high bun.

After the tub was filled, I undressed myself, soothing myself into the tub. I grabbed the remote to the stereo, listening to the R&B music flow from the studio.

Rayan
"You ready bro?" Dee asked. Today was the day we was going to Philly with a couple other goons.
"But bruh, I'm not ready to leave Courtney," I sighed, plopping down onto the couch. We were in the trap house my cousins owned.
"We gon have to deal with this nigga sooner or later," TJ said. I looked at him.
"But what if that nigga know we coming?" I asked, "then what?"
"We need to get one of his niggas to turn on em," DJ said, rubbing his chin.
I looked at the ceiling.
"And how we gon do that?" I spoke.
"Jack one of them like he did Courtney," Dee said, exhaling smoke from the mid blunt he had. I nodded, rubbing my chin in thought.
"So you down?" TJ asked. I nodded, saying,
"I'm down."
***********
"I'm sorry mama, but I gotta go," I say hugging Courtney close to me. Kissing on her face, I tried to cease her uncontrollable crying.
"Baby I love you, I don't want you to go to Philly," she cried. I grabbed her shoulders trying to calm her down before she started to hyperventilate.
"Calm down," I said sternly. She sniffed. "Take deep breaths bae."
She nodded, taking deep breaths as I coached her through them.
"You good baby?" I asked. She nodded, hugging me. I hugged her back, kissing her cheek. She pulled away and I kissed her softly.
"I love you baby no matter what, remember that. Now I gotta go," I say pulling away from her and walking to the door. I left the house, jumping in the van with my cousins.
We sped away from the house.

Courtney
"Yes Licia, I don't want him to do anything wrong, I don't want him to get killed," I cried.
"Girl you know Ray gon be alright. I sure do hate you had to celebrate your eighteenth birthday this way. Shits been so hectic since yo mama died," she spoke making me cry again.
I turned eighteen last week and didn't have no family besides my new family. I didn't have my momma. My sister or my dad. My dad and I have only associated when he was free and planned on taking a trip down here to visit. He wanted to move to Atlanta when the baby is born.
"It's gon be okay boo," she said, "I know it will."
"I sure do hope so," I said. "I'll call you later Licia."

*****

"Mama loves you baby girl," I say to my belly as I rubbed on it, "I love you so much."