Chapter One - The New Student

It was a sunny first day of school and everyone seems running out of time.

"Honey unless you want me to drag you fast to the bathroom you better start moving now!"

I hate first day. It will always be the day where you will be introduced to everyone else. We just moved so I barely knew anyone at school.

My mom drove me to school that day. She doesn't let me drive. She said that she would lose all her hair when I'm driving. We finally arrived at school. It felt like an hour instead of a 10 minute drive.

I'm wearing the usual clothes I wear. Jeans, long-sleeve shirt, pony tailed hair and a cap.

"Hello class! I want you to meet Sharlene. She's the new student. Be nice to her. Remove your cap please."

I took the seat at the back on the left corner just beside the window so I get to see everyone.

So this is why I hate first days. I can hear the "oooh's" from their mouth, I can see their smirks and awkward smile. Ugh! I really want to end this day.

I'm not the type of girl who can easily get along with people. You can hear me barely talk. In fact you can count the number of words I would say in a day.

Finally! The bell rings for breaktime. And yes! I spend my entire break alone with my iPod. I decided to draw the entire school garden where I'm sitting until a shadow starts growing in front of me.

"Hi! I'm Nash. You're the new student right?"

I just nod on that one.

"Do you mind if I join you?"

"Yes."

"Oh! Well... I'm a new student here too. So I guess I can't join you huh?"

I felt guilty somehow that I'm slamming the door in front of his face when I say I would mind if he'll join me.

"Wait! Sorry for being a jerk. Sure you can join me. But I don't actually talk a lot. So I guess you wouldn't enjoy here anyway. You can go whenever you want."

Surprisingly, he smiled and joined me.

I continued with my drawing and he's just there watching. I guess he doesn't talk a lot either. Good for me.

"Hey! You have a talent." he broke the silence.

"Thanks!"

"I'll bring materials tomorrow too! So I can join you. Besides you're the only person I know at school"

I gave him a straight face on that. First, me not being talkative because I'm doing that for a reason. Second, he can't be my friend.

"Promise, I won't be too loud or if you want I won't talk either" , he said.

"I prefer to be alone to be honest. I'm not actually a fan of "we-spend-break-together" buddy."

I can now see a huge question mark on his face and disappointment too.

"I'm just kidding. Sure you can but minimal noise ok?"

"Sure! See you around"

I stood up and picked up my things and went to my next class, Literature.

I always pick the same seat which is at the left corner of the last row beside the window.

It was a long subject for me. Not because I hate it, I just don't feel the guy sitting infront of me. I almost think that there's something inside his pants and he would not stop moving.

Finally, the bell rang. I ran out of the room and went to my locker to get my things. Finally this day will end.

Suddenly...

"Sharlene!!! Wait!"

I turn around and saw Nash grasping his breath.

"Do you want me to give you a lift?"

"No I'm fine. I prefer walking. Good form of excercise right?"

"Ok. Do you want me to join you?", Nash offered.

"No seriously. I prefer to be alone this time."

"Alrighty! See you tomorrow then."

I really like the time of walking alone. I get to think a lot of things. My plans and the mistakes I did. I suddenly thought about Nash. I felt so bad that I had to talk to him. This should not happen again tomorrow. I can't be friends with him. I can't be friends with anyone. Not again...