Chapter 5 - Reality

"Dad? Dad where are you?"...

Suddenly, I heard three gunshots. I ran towards the pool area and saw a girl about 16 years old holding a gun.

I rolled over towards my Dad and got his gun. I pulled the trigger and killed the girl.

"Shar..."

My dad already have a hard time breathing. He lost a lot of blood. He took three gunshots on his chest.

"Dad, please don't leave. The guys are already coming. We can save you. Just save your energy ok?"

My eyes won't stop leaking and its hard for me to talk. I feel like there's a hump on my throat.

"Honey, I love you. Tell your mom and Kath that I love them so much."

Someone grasped my neck and trying to choke me. I can't breathe. Will this be my end too?

"Sharlene... Shar... Wake up! You're dreaming."

Kath wake me up from a nightmare.

"Are you ok?", Kath asked.

"Yeah, its nothing."

"We should be moving. We're going to the training camp. Its Saturday.", Kath said.

I packed my things on my black sports bag. Kath is really excited on going to the camp. Her boyfriend lives near the camp so they would see each other. Besides, Kath's boyfriend is actually one of the trainers.

The camp is located down south up the mountain. It's a secret facility to train selected people. Martial arts, gadgets, chemicals and almost everything.

Our family is not the typical family that you would encounter on a daily basis. My dad was an assassin and Kath and I are being trained. Don't get us wrong. We kill people who kills people. A senator who raped women and paid their silence by taking their lives, A congressman who abused children, A high profiled businessman who killed the entire village for him to buy the entire land...

This is why we can't really expose ourselves to others. It's one way of protecting them too.

It was the same year when my Dad died. My bestfriend Isabella was killed by whoever killed my Dad. The killer left a letter on my friend's body. It wrote, "I will hunt you and all the people close to you."

This is the reason why we moved and why I can't be friends with anyone. I have this feeling that whoever gets close to me will be dead. I'm starting to worry about Nash.

Kath went to Daniel's class, her boyfriend, for mix martial arts. I'm attending shooting class.

I went to my mentor's office to have a talk about the guy I saw last night. He probably would have an idea about it.

"Professor Brian, I saw a guy last night on a tree. He's wearing a black mask so I didn't see his face.", I said.

"Hmmm... We haven't receive any news about the people who killed your father. But I will get an update for you. How's your class?"

"It's good."

"Alright go back to your class. Next month you'll be moved to mix martial."

I still can't stop thinking about the guy I saw. I went back to my class. I did 50 meter shooting range with a target of a grape. It took 2 bullets before I hit the target.

Its the end of the day and we're heading back home. I'm driving since Kath was so tired to drive.