Chapter 13 - The Plan

Everyday, Jairus would drive me to school and as expected, everyone is murmuring about it.

I can literally hear whatever they say..

I heard she dumped Nash and now Jairus is on the line.

Did you know that Jairus moved to the house just across their house?

What about Nash? Aren't they like exclusively dating before?

I saw Nash at the diner during lunch. He was alone. Jairus dragged me to have a lunch with him.

"What is this? Are you gonna tell me that you are together now? Well that's great!", Nash said as we sat down on his table.

"Nash, we're not actually together. Like together, together.", Jairus answered.

Nash was about stand up and leave the table and I grabbed his hands. For some reason, I feel like I don't want him to leave. I feel like I still want to be with him at that moment.

"Shar, you should tell him. I leave both of you.", Jairus stood up and left us two.

"Now what?", Nash said.

I can see the frustration and the anger on Nash's face. I don't know how to start but I do believe that I owe him an explanation. Seeing Nash being devastated for a month breaks my heart so bad.

"Nash, I owe you an explanation. It's hard for me to tell you whatever triggered me to push you so hard to stay away from me. But I want you to know that it is not because I don't like you. To be honest, during those times, I'm starting to like you."

"You're just making the situation more confusing to me Sharlene. You know what? I don't think I care anymore. It's pretty obvious now, you chose Jairus over me, as simple as that. I would embrace that fact."

"No Nash! You don't understand."

"Yes! You are right! I don't understand and I guess I will never understand! I gave you everything that I can. But I guess that's not good enough huh? He's better than me. Ok I get it!"

Nash is starting to turn red with teary eyes. I wanted to explain everything but I can't.

"I will tell you everything. Every single detail of it. Please come to our house on Saturday at 12 noon."

Nash didn't say anything at all. He didn't even look at me.

When the bell rang, he just stood up and left me without any single word said.

Jairus waited for me on his car. He opened the door for me. Nash was just across the parking slot from where we are.

"Did you tell him?", Jairus asked.

"No. I wanted to but I can't. Thanks for that Jai."

"Sharlene, did you remember when I told your mom that I will court you when I'm sure? I'm sure now, that I like you and I love you."

Sometimes, I feel like Jairus would really love to complicate things more for me.

"But I want to make sure that you are sure as well about your feelings for Nash. I will whole heartedly accept if in case you choose him.", Jairus added.

I was left speechless on that. It took time before I was able to answer back.

"Thanks Jai! It means a lot to me."

"Anything for you Sharlene."

We arrived on our house and my mom prepared the dinner already. I invited Jairus in, to have dinner with us.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. It was Professor Brian.

"Guys I think we will have the best time to assasinate Governor John. He will have a flight on Saturday on his private plane going to the West. This may be our only chance."

"Saturday?", I asked.

"Yes! Why?", Professor asked.

Everyone is staring at me since I really looked doubtfully or you can say worried.

"Nothing!", I answered.

Professor Brian told us the plan. Jairus and I will be the snipers. Kath will be the steward and Daniel will be the pilot. Professor Brian happened to get an insider from our opponent.

Jairus and I will be trained so hard for the coming days. It would be just 3 more days left before Saturday.