Chapter 14 - Last Friday

It's already Friday and I haven't seen Nash since the last time that we talked. I wonder if he got mad at me or something. He's not even attending school.

I need to see him because I don't want to think that I ditched him on Saturday when he'll find out that I'm not gonna be there.

At school, Nash is still nowhere to be found. I'm starting to get a little worried.

"He's not coming...", Jairus said.

I just gave him a look as if I'm going to pretend that I'm not actually looking for Nash.

"Oh common Shar, it's written all over your face", Jairus teased.

"I just want to see him before the mission. That's just it."

"You know, I'm starting to think that I am no match with Nash even after our mission."

"Hey, don't be like that."

"No, seriously. I can feel that you have chosen already and too bad it's Nash and not me...

I guess, if I met you first, I might stood a chance but I guess he is lucky."

"Nash is special to me...I'm sorry Jai."

"It breaks my heart that I'm not the guy. But, it breaks my heart more knowing that you are not happy.

I've already accepted it. But just in case, I am still here. Just waiting."

"Thanks Jai."

After the class we all went to the training camp. Daniel, Kath, Jairus and I were cleaning up the plan and got our gadgets.

It was in the middle of the night and Jairus and I took our spot. He is miles across from me and Kath and Daniel prepared themselves for a disguise.

Everyone is ready and took our own posts. Comms are on and we can hear Daniel and Kathryn conversing.

"Dan, no matter what will happen today, remember that I love you.", Kath said.

"I love you too and even angels in heaven can't replace you.", Daniel answered back.

I can feel the true love between them and the worries and sadness that they feel.

"Ok, we gotta finish this. This would be our chance. Let's do this.", I said.

It's 10am already and no Governor appeared. His flight should have been 8am.

"Guys, plans busted.", Professor Brian announced over our comms.

"What?! What happened?", Jairus asked.

"Come back here immediately.", Prof commanded.

At the training camp...

"The Governor knew that we are there that's why he didn't show up.", Prof Brian discussed.

"One of the insider said that two of them we're captured and the other one spoke out."

"Now they want us to go to this warehouse and we need to rescue the other one whom they are interrogating."

Daniel took a map and we started planning how we can retrieve the insider from the warehouse without getting killed.

As soon as we're done, we already took off.

We're already near the warehouse and we took off the car. No one will have a buddy this time. If two of us would be together and get caught, it would be easier for them to cut our number.

I was able to penetrate the first perimeter fence until I felt something hard on my head.

One of the bodyguards has his gun on my head.

"Put your hands up!", the bodyguard said.

While we were walking to the warehouse, I saw a familiar face...

I got shocked and its something that I don't want to believe.

"Nash?" ....