Chapter 8 - You

Everyone seems so busy at school when I arrived. Nash haven't changed so far. He still waits for me across the lot next to his car. He smiled at me.

I was not able to hide that something is going on.

"Hey, how about a smile on a Monday morning?", Nash said while getting my bag for him to carry. He told me to wait and he got a bunch of flowers from his car.

"What is this for?", I asked.

"My payment for your sweet smile...

No that's just me. I thought it would be nice to start the week with flowers."

Nash was really sweet. He made me smile on that. Too cheesy lines for me though but that's ok.

"Thank you!", I said.

We went to my room and I saw Jairus. He waved and smiled at me. To be honest, I'm doubting his identity now. Its hard for me to smile at him nor even to talk to him.

I was able to manage a smile and a wave back to Jairus.

I sat down on my chair and Jairus greeted me.

"Hi! Were you able to get a good sleep last night?", Jairus started the conversation.

Is he asking that question because he knew that were doing shifting now at home? I am so paranoid right now but you can't blame me for that.

"Yup! Slept like a baby."

I'm observing every single movement that Jairus is doing and so far, I haven't noticed anything unusual.

It was our lunch already and I'm spending it with Nash. He always bring packed lunch which he prepared and cooked. He's just a little show off. Let me give him a credit though because it really tastes fantastic.

Alice approached us and asked if she can join our table. Nash was about to say no when I already said yes.

"Shar, is it true that Jairus is courting you?", Alice asked.

"No.", I immediately answered.

"I'm the one who's courting her not Jairus.", Nash protested.

Alice tried to hide her frustration when she heard it from Nash.

"Oh! It would have been better if it was Jai because they look good together.", Alice starting to sound irritated and sarcastic.

I noticed that Nash's smile was gone. He looked affected with what Alice just stated. For some reason, I got hurt when Nash became unhappy.

"Nope. Nash is fine. He's sweet and my mom likes him even my sister. Its not hard for a girl to like someone like him.", I said.

Alice's eyes widened like she wants to slap me right there. Nash smiled at me and we looked at each other's eyes.

Poor Alice she got doomed. The bell rang and our break is over. I was supposed to stand up when Alice intentionally spilled the cola like it was an accident.

My reflexes just worked at that time and I was able to stop the cola from spilling. Nash got mad to Alice.

"You better be careful next time.!" Nash on an almost shouting voice.

"Its ok Nash it didn't spill over me so no harm done. Calm down.", I asked Nash.

Alice didn't say sorry at all and she just turned her back on us and left.

I'm already on my classroom and went to my seat.

"That was a hell of a scene.", Jairus commented.

"Yeah. Good thing the cola didn't spill."

"You were pretty quick on there.", Jairus said.

He's observing me now? I didn't notice him on the diner earlier. I just smiled on that so I won't give him a clue that I'm already doubting him.

It was the end of the class already and one of my classmates called me.

"Shar, my instructor on choir wanted to see you at the school garden. Don't ask me why, because I don't know either."

I said goodbye to Jairus and went quickly with my classmate to the school garden.

I saw the school choir there but I can't see their instructor. I walked near the choir to ask and suddenly...

(You are the one who makes me happy

When everything else turns to grey...)

The choir started to sing You by The Carpenters. It was wonderfully sang. Before the song ends, Nash came up with a cake on his hand with a message, (I love you)

I was shocked and I don't know what to say. It was the most romantic moment so far that I had in my entire teenage life.

"For real?", that's the only word that came from my mouth.

Nash gave me a sweet smile like he was shy or something.

"I am sure about my feelings Shar. I just want to express it. I just hope you liked it.", Nash said.

"Of course! I mean, it's sweet.", I'm trying to contain my feelings but the scene left me in an awe.

The choir left Nash and I alone in the garden.

"I'm not rushing you Shar. I hope I didn't give you that impression. This is just me. Please allow me to still drive you home.", Nash asked.

"Sure. And no, I didn't think it that way. You are so sweet and I wanna thank you for the most romantic gesture I had."

Nash smiled like a kid who just had a candy.

Nash drove me home and he kissed me on my forehead before leaving. I didn't see that coming.

I went inside the house still thinking about what happened and Kath noticed me smiling.

"Did something just happened?", Kath asked.

I told the whole story to Kath and she screamed like there's no tomorrow.

My mom ofcourse shouted out loud and asked us to try to control ourselves.

It was one of the most favorite days on my top 10 list.