Chapter 15 - The Lurker (Finale)

My tears just ran down my face immediately.

His pain were very excrutiating. While his hands are tied on his back, and his feet were tied together, he is hanging upside down. There's a huge container just below his head. He's dripping and can barely open his eyes anymore. Bruises are all over his face.

My hands were tied and at that moment, I feel helpless. I wanted to rescue Nash. I want to remove all his pain and sufferring.

They tied me on a chair facing Nash.

"Please, just leave him alone. He has nothing to do with this!", I cried out loud.

"Traitors needs to be treated like that. Like a dog.", the biggest guy said.

"It's us that you need! Not him!"

"Well, if it wasn't because of him, we could have been in the west by now, getting golds and diamonds....

But guess what?, he contacted your people and told them our plan. How cool was that?", the other guys said.

"Are you gonna tell us where your friends are hiding now?", the guy laughed.

"No! You can't get any single detail from me!", I exclaimed.

"Well, I'm sorry little buddy, I guess she's not your friend actually."

As soon as he said that, they lowered the line where Nash was hanging until his head is covered with water. The steel bar on the guy's hands got slammed against Nash's knee and legs. Nash got beaten 5 times and then they raised the line again.

Nash can barely withstand the pain. My heart was just being crushed multiple times at that moment.

"Stop please stop!"

I felt like I'm not breathing anymore. I felt like dying. The tears just won't stop and my heart just stopped beating at that time.

A guy on coat came in...The Governor.

"Did she say anything yet?", Governor asked.

"No Boss! She haven't said anything yet"

The governor approached me and look me in the eyes with a teasing smile. His face is just right in front of my face.

I spitted on his face. He stepped back and wiped his face with his handkerchief.

"You know if I were you, I would talk because I don't want my friend here waiting for his slow death...

At the count of three, I will make sure that your dear friend will be drowned to death.

1...

2...

"Stoooooppp!!! I will tell you anything that you want but please leave him alone!"

"Alright! Guys put this little rat down and remove the tie on his hands.", the governor commanded.

"See! I'm a nice person! Just make sure that you're not going to lie.", he sarcastically commented.

As soon as they loosened up Nash, he just lied there because he can't talk anymore nor walk. But I can still see his eyes asking why I did that.

"Daniel is on the south of this warehouse and Kath is on the east side. Daniel would be on the third pine tree near the corner of the fence and Kath would be up the 2nd tree from the middle of the fence."

"Very nice!", the governor said.

The governor sent his men to look for Daniel and Kath and both of them were captured.

The four of us including Nash are all inside the warehouse. Daniel, Kath and I were all captives.

Since Jairus was originally not part of the team, they didn't know anything about him.

It was the moment when Nash was able to speak up a very few lines.

"Sharlene, I would risk my life for you. I love you and this is the best thing I tought I could do to help you out."

"Shhhh... save your energy... don't talk too much..."

These lines were similar with what I told my dad a year ago.

"I was the guy who kept you awake at night for lurking behind the tree, watching you. I feel so protective of you the moment I saw you."

All these times, it was Nash.

Nash fell asleep. His body can't recover from the forces it swallowed for hours.

Suddenly...

The guy on my left who's guarding us just collapsed and the guard next to Kath and then the guard beside Daniel in split seconds. There's no gun fire heard.

"Jairus made it!", Kath said.

Jairus went  inside the warehouse and loosen us up. He carried Nash and when we were about to pass the fence, a gun fire was heard and Daniel collapsed.

Daniel was shot on his left shoulder.

"Daaaannnn!!!" , Kath shouted.

Kath ran immediately towards Daniel and throw a couple of gunshots killing 3 people who shot Daniel.

Suddenly, I felt like going back to the place.

I don't want to hide again. I don't want to live in fear anymore. Fear to make friends and fear to fall in love. I have to end this.

I ran back to the warehouse telling everyone to bring Nash and Daniel to a safe place. They tried to stopped me but they were not able to.

I killed anyone I see inside that warehouse. Everyone I ran into and who tried to step on my way. I'm on a killing spree.

I finally found the governor's room. When I opened the door, he was sitting on the back of his table with a big smile.

"You are one hell of a brave girl.", The governor said.

He was about to pull his gun. I shot him first right on to his forehead.

I stood up near him and shoot him again.

Finally it's over...

==========

Daniel was able to recover after 3 weeks in the hospital. Jairus went back to the east where he was pirated by Professor Brian. He have plans of moving somewhere in town. He fell in love with Mayflower School.

I am now back to my normal life. Having friends and a boyfriend....

                             ***End***