Chapter 2 - Le Familia

Cool wind started to blow on my face. Someone opened my window and pulled the curtains up.

"Hey it's friday! Get up! You'll be late honey."

My mom is my human alarm clock. She never missed the time... Time to get up, time to move, time to clean my room, etc.

Weekend is coming and I can finally be just myself. No pretentions, just me.

I'm preparing my cereals for breakfast while mom prepares herself for work.

"Mom what time would Kathryn be here?", I asked mom.

"She should be here at 5 sweetie. Just the right time you'll be here from school"

Kathryn is my big sister. I could tell you that she's the only friend that I have and will only have. We were not actually close to each other until that day came. A year already passed and I can still remember like it was only a few minutes earlier. Its not a good scene.

Its really hard to have a sister like her. She's perfect. She's literally good at everything. Not to mention that she have a pretty face and she's sweet and fun. I'm still lucky to have her.

My mom drove me to school and I can't wait for my school day to end. I saw Nash on my way to classroom and I'm glad to see that he already have his own set of friends. He never bothered me since Tuesday. I guess he got all the boredom out from me.

Its the 5th day of school and a new student is being introduced. Awkward is being spelled out all over his face.

"Class, this is Jairus. Jairus this is everyone. I hope you don't mind that there's only one seat left so please take your seat"

I can not say anything on how my teacher introduce anyone to everyone.

Jairus took the seat beside me since its the only seat left for him. Too bad both he and I don't have a choice anymore.

"Hello! You are...?", Jairus offered a handshake.

"Sharlene", I answered while shaking hands with him.

From time to time I could see him looking at me through my peripheral view. Is it because I'm not talking? He's starting to look creepy.

The day's over and I'm finally going home. I'm so excited to see Kathryn. And then I heard this familiar voice...

"Shaaaarrrr!!!!"

I saw Kathryn shouting and rushing towards me with full of excitement.

"Kath! I missed you!" I hugged her tight and everything is full of drama.

Yes. That's what we are. And so the senior guys started to murmur and flash their smiles and brushing their hairs. Ugh! That was so irritating.

"Ok... you curled your hair now?", I asked as I touched her hair.

"Well let's say that straight hair is a getting a little boring nowadays. So what's up? Have you met anyone here yet? Any guy perhaps?"

Kath is just anxious for me to have a boyfriend which my mom hate.

"No. Hey! Until when are you gonna be here?" , I immediately diverted the conversation to something else.

"I have a good news or a bad news..."

"Shoot it."

"I'm moving here.", she said with squeeky voice.

I'm happy that she's moving. I can't imagine my life without someone to talk to.

"Are you gonna stay here? I mean what about your school? Are you transferring here?"

"Can we talk about that at home? I'm really hungry.", she asked.

We walked home and to be honest I'm happy that she's living with us again but worried too.

I'm worried how my mom would shout out loud because we kept giggling at night.

***

We just finished our dinner and it's really fun to discuss things over a pile of food. We still have a lot of catching up to do so Kath is sleeping on my bedroom tonight. My mom would have said no but since it's weekend, she said yes to it.

Having my sister around is really a breathe of fresh air. I love her.

***

"When Dad died.. were you able to live life like a normal kid?", I asked Kath while she's combing my hair.

"No. But I'm trying.", she abruptly stopped and quickly went to the window.

"Did you see that?", she asked.

"What?"

"I think I saw someone over that tree."

"Its just a cat. Don't mind it. I saw that the other night too."

She sat on the bed in front of me.

"Hey, I'm starting to worry about you. Mom said you never had any friends after that..."

"Can we just not talk about it?", I interrupted.

"Ok. But if you want to talk, I'm just here. Always...We need to sleep now. We're going to the training camp tomorrow.", she said.

"Oh geez! I almost forgot."