Chapter 8 - Masked

Sunday morning and everyone are too lazy to move. Suddenly the door bell rang. I stood up from my room and peaked on the small hole we put on the door so we could see the whoever is outside. I was surpised to see Jairus on a Sunday morning.

"Hey, what are you doing here?", I asked Jairus.

"I went to the church and saw these flowers and I thought it would be nice to give you these.", Jairus explained.

"Come in. Do you want coffee?"

Jairus just gave me a sweet smile and came in.

My mom who was not at its best morning look got shocked and ran upstairs. I laughed so hard with that scene.

My family and Jairus had breakfast together.

"Jairus I was not able to greet you earlier with my rollers on but you are welcome here. I hope I didn't make you an impression.", mom said.

"That's ok. I understand it. You're still gorgeous with your rollers on.", Jairus smilingly answered back.

"So are you courting my sister?", Kath frankly asked Jairus.

Jairus looked at me with a sweet smile.

"I'm on it but not so soon. I still want to know her more. I like your sister but I want to be sure. I would want to know her more.Your sister does not deserve an unsure man.", Jairus politely answered.

Mom smiled on Jairus' notion. We're done with our breakfast and Jairus helped us with cleaning the mess. Jairus washed the dishes while I dried whatever he finished washing.

We were talking on the kitchen and he suddenly held my hand.

"Sharlene, I hope I didn't ruin your Sunday morning but I really like to know you. I'm starting to like you and once I'm sure I will court you."

"Hey, that's ok. No pressure you know. I'm not even thinking about it."

I took away my hand and started drying the dishes. Jairus noticed my bruises because of my training yesterday.

"What happened?", Jairus looked worried.

"It's nothing. I fell on the stairs yesterday."

"Did you see a doctor yet?"

"Yup! No serious injuries."

To be honest, I'm starting to like Jairus. I think I already have a crush on him. His eyes and sweet smile and he's so simple and sweet on his own way.

After we're done washing the dishes, we watched One Tree Hill on TV and he decided to go so I could take a rest.

"I'll go now so you can take a rest. I don't want you missing classes. There's not gonna be a beautiful scene for me on the window.", Jairus smiled.

There's this feeling that I really want to scream so loud because of extreme happiness. But I was able to control myself. Good for me.

I walked him to his car and I notice a small wire on Jairus' collar. The wire was familiar. We have that on the training camp. We use those when we are on mission for communication purposes.

This is getting a lot wierder. Why does he need those? I tried fixing Jairus' collar and he looked really worried. Its a sign. There's something he's up to and its not me. I pretend that I didn't see anything. We waved goodbye and I quickly ran inside our house. I immediately checked on the entire house thinking if there's anything new installed. Camera, voice recorders or anything that would spy on us.

Kath saw me a little worried.

"Shar what are you doing?"

"I saw that something is on Jairus' collar. I think he's spying on us. He is using our voice comm. The one we're using on mission?"

"Are you sure about that?", Kath asked.

"Yes and when I try to fix his collar, his eyes went big and looked so worried. I acted normal like I didn't see anything."

"We better tell mom", Kath said.

We told mom what happened and she said to prepare. She noticed the guy we're seeing a couple of days on the same tree. The three of us will take shifts at night. I will be on for 2 hrs and then Kath for 2 hrs and Mom would stay up for 4 hrs. Until sunlight takes over again.

Is Jairus the guy on the tree? Why him? What does he need from us? What is his mission? Its very seldom for me to like a guy and the guy that I liked is very conspicious. Good feeling's gone.