Chapter 6 - Tutorial

The cool breeze of air on a Monday morning makes me feel too lazy to go to school.

Kath prepared our breakfast for the day since mom would be out of town for a week. So that would leave Kath and me at home.

A car parked outside our house and I was shocked who took off the car.

"Hi Sharlene. I thought I will have a hard time looking for your house. I was wrong that's why I'm early. I hope you'll say yes if I ask to drive you to school today.", Jairus asked.

"Shar who was that?", Kath shouted while she's preparing our things for school.

"Come inside. Sorry I think you're gonna have to wait for us.", I told Jairus.

"No that's ok. I'm early." , Jairus smiled.

We went inside the house and Kath was surpised. She was expecting Nash.

Kath drove our car while I'm with Jairus on his car. Kath hate the idea that we'll be walking home later after school in case Jairus would not give us a lift later.

"So... later we'll start the tutorial right?", Jairus broke the silence.

"Yup! I didn't forget."

"Do you want me to give you a lift after class? You know, just to pay for your kindess.", Jairus offered.

"No. We're totally fine. Kath brought our car right? So I should be fine. And besides, you really don't have to do this."

"No. I want this."

We arrived at school safe and Jairus immediately took off to open the door on my side. I saw Nash across the lot with a furious face. Nash approached us.

"Let me take care of her from here.", Nash took my things and put his arms on my shoulder.

Jairus was left behind and I was not able to thanked him for picking me up. We're taking the same class so I guess I'll just talk to him later.

"Hey what was that all about?", I asked Nash.

"Is he courting you too?", Nash asked looking down.

"No. He just picked me up to thank me because I am going to tutor him on Science."

"What?! You? Why? When?", Nash asked without even finishing any sentence he wants to say.

"Hey, we're friends ok? just like you.", I answered irritated.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again.", Nash apologized.

We arrived at my classroom and he saw Jairus. I can see the way he looked at Jairus, and I can tell that it was not a friendly stare.

Nash looked at me and said that he would drop by lunch so we can have it together.

I was quiet during the entire class and so was Jairus. The bell rang for lunch break and as promised, Nash was there.

We took our lunch at the picnic table on the school garden. Alice saw us and smiled at us.

Alice is Nash's classmate and she has a big crush on Nash. I am just not sure if she already know the courting part.

I went to the girl's bathroom. I was already inside the cubicle when I heard a group of girls arrived.

"Sharlene is getting into my nerves. The way on how she flirts with Nash? And did you know that Jairus seems like courting her? I saw them arrived at school earlier. She was on Jairus' car."

The other girls just agreed to whatever the girl was saying. I decided to stay on the cubicle and wait till the mean girls go.

***

The class is over and as promised, I will teach Jairus for our Science class. Nash waited for me outside the classroom and said that he will drive me home later.

"Jairus and I will have a tutorial session. You'll have to wait. Will that be ok with you?", I asked Nash.

"I'll join your session." , Nash said firmly.

Jairus looked at me with a worried face. I said yes to Nash just to avoid any further discussion.

We were at the library. I was supposed to sit beside Jairus but Nash interfered. Nash took the seat beside Jairus which happens to be on the corner of the table already. So I took the seat in front of Jairus.

It was the most awkward situation I had for long. Nash would interrupt from time to time.

"Nash, can you please let us talk? How will he able to learn if you keep on interrupting?", I sounded mad.

"Well, the questions were easy. I think he's just making a way just to be with you. He doesn't need this.", Nash answered.

"Are you jealous?" , Jairus asked Nash.

"No! Why would I be jealous of you. I know Shar doesn't like you.", Nash answered.

"Ok guys can you please stop? I can hear everyone hushing. Both of you are too loud. If you won't stop, I'll leave both of you!", I declared angrily.

Both of them cooperated so we managed to finish the tutorial early. Nash drove me home...

It was a very tiring day both for me and Kath so we decided to sleep early.