Chapter 1

I woke up with my warm sheets wrapped around my body. It was a Saturday morning, and I finally was able to sleep in after an exhausting week at College.

'One week left. Then no more work'

I sighed. Life is stressful.

After about 5 minutes of peace and quiet, a silent knock was heard was heard on the door. Urgghh. Can I not have some peace and quiet without someone disturbing me?

"Come in!" I said in a weak early morning voice. I had no sleep last night because I was studying for this final exam for Monday, and I hate doing homework on Saturdays.

I heard the door knob click as my mum entered the room. I adjusted my eyes to focus on her, and saw that she was dressed in her work clothes.

I was puzzled for a moment wondering why she was all dressed. She wasn't supposed to be working today.

"Um... Hyemi?"

I sat up in my bed knowing something was going on. My mother had a weak voice, and she looked quite ill.

"What is it, Eomma?" I asked with a concerned look on my face.

"My business... I have to spend some time in England for a while to get my business running again."

"And how long would that be?" I asked, my morning voice still to be heard. My mum looked down to the floor, with a sad looking expression on her face.

"Around 6 m-months." My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe what she had just told me.

"6 months?!! Michyeoseo! 6 months, around here... on my own!!" I could feel my tears forming in my eyes as a looked at my mum. I never liked staying places on my own... it creeps me out. My mum took in a deep breath and looked at me with sad and worrying eyes.

"Your dad agreed to have you for the next 6 months or so... mianhae (I'm sorry). I didn't expect it either, and I don't want to leave you, but if I want to provide for both of us, I have to do this."

I could understand the pain that my mum was going through, and I didn't want to fight with her. She's already been through a lot to make me happy, and I understood how much she needed to do this.

I sighed and then looked up to my mum with a gentle smile.

"It's OK Eomma. I understand. What time do I need to get packed up?"

"Today. I'm going to be dropping you off by around tea time, so when you are finished we could maybe go out for lunch somewhere. Thanks for understanding. Saranghae."

"Araseo(ok).... nado Saranghae."

My mom gave me a smile before leaving the room. Great. My lovely morning sleep was ruined.

I quickly pounced out of my bed and rushed to the bathroom to wash my face with some cold water to help me wake up. I was tired and really needed some sleep, but today was going to be the last day with Eomma and I wanted to make it worth it.

I looked at my face in the mirror and studied it. I looked like I had just arose from the dead. I needed to have at least an 5 hour makeover just to look normal, let alone beautiful. After a refreshing rinse, I came to the conclusion that I need to take a shower. You don't know me well enough if you don't know that I hate showers. I just prefer to sleep... that is my life. I quickly ran into my room, grabbed a towel, and jumped into the shower.

~~~~~~~~

I went downstairs to smell the sweet fragrance of bacon and eggs. Yes we do live in Korea, and we are Korean, but ever since we went to England, we love the English foods.

"Good morning, Hyemi. You're looking nice today!"

I gave my mum a warm smile before sitting down at the table. She placed the food in front of me and I ate up quicker than ever. I was hungry, and hadn't eaten for a while. I glanced up at my mum and saw that she was very unsettled and had the expression that she needed to say something. I put down my utensils and faced her. She looked up at me and we both just sat there for a while saying nothing. It wasn't awkward at all... I felt like we were communicating but just not speaking. I finally felt the urge to finally say something.

"Eomma, wha-"

"Hyemi, before I leave I need to tell you something important... but not now."

"Um...araseo"

The room fell silent. Something was different. Loads of thoughts swimming around my head, distracted me from that awkward moment. My mind was thinking of other things like what am I going to do at my dad's house... he's always working because he has nothing better to do. I'll be all on own. My dad lives in Seoul, 2 hours away from where I live. I don't really have any friends round where he lives, so I never end up doing anything. I sighed. It's going to be an amazing experience for me.

I paused my thoughts.

My final exam...I'm going to miss it.

"Eomma... my final exam. I'm going to miss it."

My mother looked at me with an annoyed expression on her face.

"You'll be fine. I contacted your college and they said even though it's the final exam, they'd just use your previous exams to work it out. I'm sorry about that." Her pleading eyes looked straight into mine.

"It's OK... let's just hope it's a good result."

I faked a smile. I stood up and put my plate in the dishwasher and headed to grab my coat.

"We'd better get going, Eomma. We don't want to waste time."

My mother agreed and we both set out the door to the shopping mall. In the back of my mind, questions were swarming throughout, wondering what my Eomma wanted to tell me.

(A/N~ Hope you've enjoyed the first chapter. Comment if you think I can do anything to improve on... hope it wasn't too boring or cheesy. Thanks for reading!! ☺)