Chapter 5

I replayed the words over and over again in my head.

'Breaking News: An aeroplane travelling to England crashed after the engine exploded. There were no passengers that were able to make it out alive. There were at least 90 passengers on board that plane today. We are sorry for any inconvient loss. We will update you when we find out more. Goodnight.'

I ran to my new room and covered myself in my blanket, crying.

'I can't believe she's gone. She was the only one who was there for me.'

I kept on thinking of all the memories we had together over the past year. We went on holidays a lot, and we always used to buy ice creams after a warm day. I cried into my pillow.

'Why me?'

That night I ended up crying myself to sleep, memories replaying in my mind.

~~~~~~~~

"Hyemi. Wake up, you have two people here to see you... wakey, wakey"

I opened my eyes looking around to see my dad stood at the side of my bed.

'Oh shoot. I totally forgot about Hoseok.'

"Tell them that I will be a minute, dad."

He nodded and exited my room. I jumped out of bed, nearly falling over in the process, because I was that weak, and headed to my own bathroom in my room. I rubbed my eyes and washed my face with some water. My eyes were red and puffy from last night, and I was still half asleep.

I quickly rushed to my wardrobe and picked out some blue jeggings, a black jumper top, and blue converse. I put them on, then I ran across to apply a light layer of makeup, before grabbing my phone and heading out of my bedroom. I walked down the mini hallway, whilst putting my hair in a messy bun.

I walked downstairs to see Hoseok stood there with another boy. I smiled and Hoseok and the other boy, they both smiled back. The boy I didn't recognise had black hair and a sweet face. He had worried look on his face, but covered it with a gentle smile.

"Oh, Hyemi... it's nice to see you again. This is Park Jimin, otherwise known as a person who has no jams." Hoseok chuckled as Jimin elbowed him declaring that he did indeed have jams.

"Is this my 'best friend?" I asked, trying not to be rude.

"Um... no. Your best friend is getting ready to see you. He can't wait."

I nodded as he took me to his car. I sat in the back seat, as Jimin and Hoseok took the front. There was an awkward silence that made me feel uncomfortable, until Jimin decided to break it.

"Um, so H-Hyemi, do you remember anything about anybody, or m-maybe even m-me?" He turned to face me as I fidgeted with my fingers.

"Um, n-no."

He turned back to face the front and I could here him mumbling something... it sounded something like

'Thank God.'

I got a bit confused, but decided to just ignore it, because I couldn't do with people right now. My mind flashed back to my mum.

'No, Hyemi, you've got to forget about her. Move on.'

I felt a tear run down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away before anyone saw it, making sure, in the process, that I didn't make it too obvious. My phone buzzed, and opened to see a text message from my best friend at Uni.

From Liana:

Hey girl... I heard about your mum. I'm so sorry. I guess we won't be able to see each other again, since your now living in Seoul :( I hope that your doing OK and that maybe we could still meet each other. Are you going to tell anyone about your mum? Anyways stay strong and stay beautiful ;)

From you know who.

To Liana:

Thanks for your message. I will visit you, but it's going to have to be sooner on, because I've got to settle in and it's quite hard to. Only my dad knows, and I don't want want anyone else knowing. I going to stay strong, but idk about the second one :) Thanks.

I turned my phone off and smiled.

'It's nice to have a friend who cares for you.'

"So, Hyemi, did you hear about that plane crash. It must be hard for the relatives."

I gulped.

"Um, yeah, I feel sorry on them."

I lowered my head.

'Wait, if Hoseok is my brother, isn't he going to want to know that his mum is dead?'

Me eyes widened as the car pulled to a stop. I opened the door to see a massive house. My jaw dropped as I looked at its beautiful design and decorations.

"Y-you live here?"

I turned to face Hoseok, who was getting out of the car.

"Yeah, I told you I'd have a spare room, so you know if your thinking about it, consider it."

I faced back to the house and walked towards the front door, where Hoseok unlocked it. I walked in to see 5 people around the same age, stood there with huge smiles. One of them stood with his jaw opened and ran to me and hugged me. I stood there, paralysed. He released me from his arms, and gave me rectangular smile.

"Your such a pabo for forgetting me." He chuckled and gently poked my forehead. Hoseok stood in front of me, blocking me from the boy's view.

"Um, Tae, your the pabo in this situation, because she doesn't remember... anything." His voice broke when he said that I didn't remember. He finally moved out of the way, for me to see a boy with a sad looking expression on his face. A tear rolled down his cheek. He took a step closer towards me.

"You, you don't remember me?"

I shook my head and looked into his eyes, not knowing what to do. The other boys lowered their heads before Tae pushed past them and ran into a room, slamming the door in the process.

'W-what just happened?'