Chapter 34 - What to do?

Shiori pov:

A month and a half since Sousuke and I came back from the human world had passed by in a flash. I had been super busy even though most of the stuff fell back into its normal flow.

With the sudden challenge of Dr. Jones coming up, I had to beg Sousuke into letting me come to the human world at least once a week. He didn't like the idea that I had to interact with that guy again, after all, Sousuke had become completely pissed off and a little violent that day.

Not that I'm complaining; we did end up spending a rather.....passionate night together. I was embarrassed to be around Sousuke for a few days after that. He had a lot of fun teasing me and soon I fell back into his embraces with no hesitance at all.

Coming back to the point, I was allowed to go to the human world every Friday of the week. Other days, I stayed in Hueco Mundo spending a good amount of time on research. I was starting to get serious about my current job as a surgeon so I could tackle anything that Dr. Jones threw at us as well as getting more perfect in Psychology. I also looked into arranging financial support to start my own Juvenile Care Center.

I would have to convince Sousuke once again to allow me to go back to the human world but that's not something I had to worry about until I got a solid base for my ambitions.

During my free time in Hueco Mundo, I would usually be with Sousuke. He preferred for me to be with him more often but I did spend time with Starrk and Lilinette occasionally as well. When I was with Sousuke, he would sleep on my lap, I would sit him his lap or we would just sit together silently with him holding me to his side while I read a book. It was always warm and I love the occasional hidden side that he showed me when we were alone. We would kiss every now and then and I just loved holding onto him with one hand lost in his silky hair.

Well, many of the female Arrancar had seemed to get irritated with how much time I spent around Sousuke. Especially Loly and Menoly. They always glared at me and they were slowly starting to lose their cool. They had already managed to twist my arm behind my back once as they interrogated me and warned me but thankfully it wasn't anything too serious. I was left with sore arm and shoulder which I passed off with Sousuke saying that I probably slept in a weird position during the night.

Speaking of night, Sousuke would sometimes come to sleep with me on the couch in the room designated to me. Well, Hueco Mundo was always night but I had maintained timings of day and night thanks to my watch. So when Sousuke and I slept on the couch together, I would be squished between him and the back of the couch. It was warm though and I enjoyed sleeping in his embrace.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a light pressure against my lips. I smiled, lifting my hand to cup Sousuke's cheek as he kissed me gently. I closed my eyes and parted my lips slightly as we made our sweet moment a little more passionate. He pulled away moments later smirking.

"What are you thinking about? You didn't even realize I walked in." He said and I chuckled shaking my head. Yeah, I was so lost in thought.

I was sitting on the floor, a bunch of books and papers lying around me. I was holding a pen in hand and I was halfway through writing some notes on a sheet of paper in front of me. But I had floated off looking at the ceiling as I recalled everything that happened in the human world, all the research I was doing as well as how warm Sousuke had become around me.

He was still really cold and closed off to everyone else so I felt very special. I liked the attention but it did put me in a bit of a risky spot.

"I just had a lot on my mind. I think I should take a break from all this reading....I'm starting to see all these terms and definitions floating around in front of my eyes." Sousuke chuckled and I stood up, giving my body a good long stretch.