Chapter 1

Welp here is the first chapter of the story. If your unsure please give it a shot if your this far already. I have big plans for this story SOOO enjoy;)

"It's whats on the inside that counts" ~ Beatrice
<><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Beatrice come on, no books on the table," Darlene grumbled.

I sighed, setting down my copy of Pride and Prejudice. It was maybe the fifth time I've read it, but it never failed to have my undivided attention. Darlene was my foster parent and was currently making breakfast for the rest of the kids while I finished eating mine. I made my own breakfast and woke up at least an hour earlier than the rest of the people here. I was wearing my Pokèmon t-shirt and loose jeans. My thick brown hair was carelessly pulled back into a ponytail, and my pale face didn't have any makeup. As you can see, I don't care much for my looks. It's what's on the inside that counts. And when it came to me, my brain was my best feature, and not to brag, but I kept a well GPA of a 4.56.

As the rest of my foster family started pouring downstairs in their pajamas, I was already finished with my breakfast and was ready for school. I saw one of the girls my age, a junior, plop down and starting to stuff her face with doughnuts. I flinched with disgust.

"Do you know what you're doing to your body!? Breakfast needs to be full of protein and fiber to help you with your day. Not.... Not.... Junk food!" I exclaimed. I couldn't help myself. It was my job to help and advise the less fortunate.

The girl or aka Emily glared at me. "Shutup nerd! I can eat what I want!" She shouted. Geez, who put a fuze in her tampon? A girl offers perfect advice only to get her head ripped off. Emily was on the pudgy side, but apparently she couldn't see it. Seriously, though, she really needed to stop wearing those tight shirts. They only revealed every freaking shabam! I rolled my eyes and got up.

Walking out the door, I checked my watch. It read about seven o'clock. Perfect. I had about an hour to kill before school started. I walked idly to the library, deciding to check out the book that we going to be assigned in honors English, so I could get a good copy before everyone else. Walking down the sidewalk and reaching the library, I realized ,to my great releif, that no one was there.

I walked right to the spot where The Lord of the Flies was located. I've read it before, it was okay. Flipping through it, I headed toward the librarian's desk. Right before I could do so, I smacked into a body. Landing flat on my bum, I looked to see none other than Katie Green. She had an apologetic smile on her pink lips and her soft brown hair fell down her back in waves. Her makeup was done perfectly, and she was in non-slutty designer clothes. Katie was by far the most popular girl in school.

"Beatrice! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I saw the true concern in her eyes as she reached down to help me up. I profusely ignored her and got myself up before picking up my book. There was no way in the world that I was in need of help from anyone, especially Katie Green. Katie just furrowed her eyebrows, and then shrugged.

There was one catch about Katie. She wasn't like most of the popular girls. She was sweet and nice to everyone, she was no where near a slut, and was smart(not as smart as me) and athletic too. She was popular because she was perfect. She was competition and there was no way I was proving to her she was better than me.

"Bea! Are you headed for Honors English?" She asked perkily.

"Yes, and my name is Beatrice," I grumbled. She only chuckled at my remark. Dang, why was this girl always happy? I wouldn't be surprised if her parents fed her unicorns or something for breakfast.

"Perfect, Beatrice," she said winking,"I'm in that class too. we can walk together!"

I groaned knowing there was no way to shake this girl off. We walked out of the library as she idly talked about who knows what. Everyone stared at us. It must have been a sight seeing Katie Green walking with me. We were practically opposites. The thing about me is that I'm not invisible like most nerds. Everyone knows my name, and I'm the one to blame. It's hard to forget someone like me.

As we entered the building heading for Room 4A, I saw the Prissy Pack huddled by the lockers snickering. Now these were the popular group of girls which basically were Mean Girls in real life. They weren't as popular as Katie and basically copied her every move. They snickered at me, and I just shot them a death glare powerful enough to be one of Luke's lifesabers. They always tried to put me down or hurt me, but it never worked because nothing they said EVER got to me. I would just laugh at them and throw an insult back.

Finally entering the class room, I couldn't express the relief I felt. I skipped to my desk in the center if the room. Sadly, teachers don't let me sit in the front anymore. Something about hogging all their attention and what not. Usually my hand was the first to go up, if I didn't blurt the answer out before. Everyone was getting situated before Ms. Cliff aka the Stiff Cliff got everyone's attention. I swear she had wrinkles upon wrinkles as she stood in a stiff posture.

"Okay class! As you know, we will be starting reading The Lord of the Flies. Has anyone read this book?" she barely finished her sentence before my hand shot up. She glared at me. "Anyone else?" I smiled smugly as I swore I could hear crickets chirping.

With that, she began groping on about stuff I already knew. I was about to begin reading ahead, when some dipwad behind me kept kicking my seat. I turned around to face, sure enough, one of the Tweedles. The Tweedles are the group of egotistical jocks in this school. They were as dumb as rocks hence their names as Tweedle Dumb, Tweedle Dumber, Tweedle Dumbest, and of course Tweedle Ohmygodkillmenowthisthinghasnobrain.

"Do you need some room!?" I whisper yelled at Tweedle Dumber behind me. He gave me his classic smirk as his green eyes lit up. I have to admit, the Tweedles aren't bad in the looks department but were known to be heartbreakers. Also, I only liked men with a GPA of 3.9 or higher.

I death glared at him, but was interrupted at the screeching of the Stiff Cliff.

"Okay class so you will be partnering up!" she squawked and rambled on different pairs before I heard my name. "Beatrice Baxter and.... Katie Green," she finished up. Oh God. Speak of the devil. How could I be paired up with my biggest competition?

Well this was going to be just GREAT!