#18. Return

Alluka's POV

It's been three years. 

We aren't living with (Y/n)'s family anymore, but we keep in touch. Quin and Cole stayed with them as we went back to Gon and the others. Onii-chan has finally been able to smile again. But when he does, it is like there is this deep sadness behind it. 

I still worry about him. He still hasn't gone to see (y/n). When I ask him about it, he completely ignores me. He couldn't even break the news to everyone else. He had me do it. Everyone was shocked, Leorio even went out of the way to see her himself, to see if there was anything he could do as a doctor. 

"Onii-chan," I called out to him. I had a few clothes packed. "I'm going to visit (y/n) again... Do you want to come with me this time."

A solemn look in his eye, he told me, "My answer is the same every time. I can't."

I nodded silently. 

"I don't have the heart," He said finally.

"I understand." I replied softly.

"Be careful."

Then I left.

**********    

I go back every month. Sometimes Gon and the others visit too. But today they decided to spend time with Onii-chan.  She was moved to a local hospital because the one at the academy was getting crowded. I always invite him to come with me but he just walks away.When I arrived, I was greeted by Quin, Iris, The Twins and Cole. They welcomed me kindly, just as always.  They took me to the hospital where (Y/n) was.

In the car ride Cole looked back at me from the front passengers seat. "Killua's not here again?"

I shook my head, "No."

"He's  gotta stop being such a wuss." He growled. "Today is her anniversary." We had flowers and baloons to bring (y/n). It was more than we usually bring.

"I know..." 

  ********** 

Killua's POV 

I walked along the busy city streets. Gon was,  buying some snacks so we could meet up with Leorio and Kurapika and watch a movie later. I was enjoying the nice weather when my phone started ringing. To my surprise it was Cole.

"Yo, What's up?" I said casually.

He was much more tense than I expected. 

"KIllua, there's an emergency!" His voice sounded fearful.

"What are you talking abo-"

"It's Alluka! Come Quick!"

I nearly dropped my phone. 

I took off in a run in the other direction. I rushed to the air port and requested the fastest jet to Jappon. I boarded the plane and sat there nervously. I texted Gon that I wouldn't be able to make it to the movies. Anxiousness ate me away as I thought of the worst possible out come. I already lost (y/n). I couldn't lose her too.

 I got a hold of Cole once again. He told me everything I needed to know. It was a car accident, as they were driving, another car crashed into them.  Alluka was badly  hurt and was immediately sent to the hospital. Once I got there, I rushed through the hallways. 

Room 329, I repeated to myself. Room 329.

I swung open the doors. "Alluka are you okay?" I said rushing in.

"Alluka's fine." A voice said, the doors slamming shut behind me.

It was Cole. "What do you want?"

"I want you to see her!" He shouted at me.

I turned around to see (Y/n) lying down in the hospital bed. "Where is Alluka?" I said coldly.

"Like I said, Alluka's fine. She's probably at our house having a meal by now," Cole explained. "It was a lie I made up for you to come here. This is the first time you've seen her ever since she went into this coma. Killua, it's been three years."

My hands clenched into fists. "I know. That was my choice."

"Bull shit!" Cole shouted. "You of all people would have wanted to see her. You nearly drove yourself over the edge just trying to save her. What the hell happened to you?!"

"Fine then! I couldn't see her!"

"Why not!" He shouted louder.

"Because I couldn't!"

"Don't give me that crap!" He gripped the collar of my shirt, pulling me face to face. "Why?"

"I couldn't because..." My voice trailed off as the tears threatened to slip out. "I couldn't because I was too much of a coward to do so. I couldn't because I didn't have the heart to see her so lifeless." I started screaming at him.

"So why didn't you do anything to fix it?" Cole shouted back.

"I don't know! What was I supposed to do?" I shouted out.

"You could've done something!" He went on. "You didn't have to go and lock yourself away!"

"If there was something I could do, why didn't you do it?" I accused.

"Would both of you guys just shut up!"

We both froze in shock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Hello you beautiful creatures!!

I honestly feel really bad writing these chapters with such suspense and such tragedy. But if I didn't, It wouldn't be any good. So those of you who are dying out there, I'm sorry but you need to suck it up. I should put a "Read at your own risk" warning at the beginning of the book. Add stuff like "This book contains much tragedy and suspense." LOL. Nah I'm just gonna leave it to the readers to find out for themselves. Mwahahaha!

Anyway, totally random question... If I were to write a black butler fanfiction, how many of you would read it?

Okay, That's all! :3

Thanks for reading!

Tell me what you think!

❤️See you next time!🍉