thirteen

michael really wasn't in the mood for school today. he practically forced himself off his bed just to see his boyfriend and his bestfriend.

"i'll see you at lunch, kitten." calum whispered as they reached michael's class, kissing michael chastely before walking to his own class.

a few minutes later, michael sat on his usual desk, frowning when the teacher continued rambling about algebra. michael was actually smart in algebra but the teacher made things more complicated, and that's one of the reasons why he hated school.

michael did notice calum's teammate damian sitting not so far from him but of course, he didn't notice michael, like always. everyone seemed to not notice michael but it's not that michael wanted any attention anyways.

michael didn't really have anymore friends besides luke, calum and ashton. and michael doesn't even talk to ashton that much. his lack of communication to other students made people think that he was selfish and anti-social, but in reality, he was just really shy.

"mr. clifford, pay attention." the teacher snapped and michael just sighed, staring at the board blankly.

michael folded his arms and rested his chin on his wrist gently and that's how he stayed until the class ended. it was just sad, really.

michael held his notebook close to his chest as he rushed down the school stairs, but he felt a pair of hands push him forward, making him stumble and hit the floor roughly.

"watch where you're going next time, fat ass." a very familiar voice that belonged to alice said with a smirk as her friends laughed at the fallen michael.

the embarrassed feeling michael was experiencing was unbearable as people kept staring, pointing and whispering things about him as they passed by. michael was about to stand up and just leave as quickly as possible but he felt a pain shot through his knees, making him cry out in pain.

"aw, is little mikey crying?" alice mocked, "you're pathetic. not my fault though, you were just fat and maybe your ugliness just brings you bad luck."

"shut the fuck up, hoe!" a voice growled angrily and someone helped michael up, only for michael to sob loudly as the pain started to get overpowering.

everyone in the halls went silent and everyone stared to stare at ashton in shock because ashton was considered as the kindest one in the football team.

"michael, sh, no please don't cry." ashton soothed and carried michael up bridal style, rushing to the nurse's office.

ashton gently laid michael down on the cold small bed before grabbing a tissue and gently cleaning up michael's blood.

"ashton, it hurts." michael whimpered, propping himself up on his elbows.

"sh, mikey, it's gonna be alright." ashton said. though it wasn't, really. michael's knees was starting to show this purple-ish color as it bruised.

michael sniffled, wincing and whimpering as ashton applied some ointment on michael's bruise.

"can you walk?" ashton asked, and michael tried moving his legs, only for him to wince when his knees made any movement.

"uh, don't move, i'm gonna call calum and luke real quick. is that okay?" ashton questioned and michael just nodded with a small sniffle, watching as ashton rushed out of the nurse's office.

a few minutes later, the door opened with a loud bang as it hit the wall, an angry calum entered the room with ashton and trailing behind shortly. calum's facial expression softened immediately when he saw that his baby boy was hurt.