twenty two

"mummy? daddy? why are you going so soon?" michael whimpered, jutting out his bottom lip as he saw both of his parents already getting ready for work since they had a really early morning shift.

michael really didn't like his parents leaving him in the morning. of course they leave some money for him before going to work, but michael absolutely hated being alone.

karen sighed, pressing a kiss onto michael's forehead, "i'm sorry mikey, but we have to go to work."

michael whined, tugging his mum into a tight hug, "i don't wanna be home alone again."

"i'm sure you can manage, mikey." daryl spoke, ruffling michael's faded dyed hair but he just pouted, stomping into the kitchen before pouring himself some fruity pebbles and milk into a bowl.

michael sighed sadly, stuffing his mouth with more fruity pebbles and watched as his mum helped his dad adjust his work tie neatly and tidily. michael pouted when calum suddenly popped up in his head. he missed having the maori boy around and really wanted to hang out with him more but they weren't dating anymore. michael truly did miss calum. he also missed their cringy 'i love you' fights and a cuddle session with calum as his daily routine. nothing changed between them though they broke up, only less kisses and body contact. they still call, text and exchange 'i love you's to each other. but michael preferred telling calum that he loved him face to face rather than over a text.

"mikey, we'll be back at six (p.m) love you." karen whispered, pressing a kiss onto michael's forehead, daryl following suit.

michael sighed, "i love you guys too." and pouted when he watched his parents walk out of the front door and waved michael a last goodbye before shutting the door.

michael finished his fruity pebbles with a long dramatic sigh and put his bowl in the sink before heading to his room. he decided that he should at least take a bath, so he did. michael dropped a unicorn shaped bath bomb into his tub and waited for awhile before getting in.

the steamy water soothed michael's body but it didn't feel the same without calum though. michael grabbed his phone and opened the camera app, positioning his shaved legs before putting a filter on it and posting it in his instagram with the caption 'lush bath bombs are the bomb.com, literally'.

michael's post immediately got some likes since he had an aesthetic feed and 3k followers, but one comment caught his eye. '@calumhood: you couldve invited me over :( miss you loads btw'.

a small smile tugged on michael's face when he read the comment. it was just a small message, but it really meant alot to michael that calum actually wanted michael to invite him over and that he missed michael loads.

he grinned, replying with '@mikeyclifford: @calumhood aw, i wanted to but i thought youd be busy and i miss you more :-(' before putting his phone aside so he doesn't accidentally drop it in the water.

about thirty minutes later, the water eventually got cold and michael got out, wrapping his bath robe around his small body before entering his room, screaming in horror when he saw a figure in his room, making the figure also scream.

michael put on his restless bitch face when he realized it was only luke. "jesus fucking christ luke, you scared the living shit outta me."

luke pouted, cuddling more into michael's throw pillows. luke had a bad habit of making someone's home his home, sometimes. but michael was already used to it as his house was practically luke's second home and karen and liz were super close.

"wait, how did you get into my house?" michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"i'm very upset here if you can't see but you don't seem to care whatsoever." luke frowned, tugging on his blond locks, "and your door was unlocked so i let myself in."

michael sighed, quickly putting on some pajamas (because he didn't plan on leaving his house nor his bed) and flopped next to his best friend, rubbing luke's back soothingly. "what's wrong lu-lu?"

"i miss ashton." luke murmured, wrapping his long arms tightly around michael's pillows with a long whine.

"maybe you should just forgive him." michael suggested, twirling his short fingers around luke's hair.

"how am i suppose to forgive him when he never apologized?" luke huffed, and michael just shrugged.

"but if he did apologize, would you forgive him?" michael asked and luke hesitated for awhile, knitting his eyebrows as he thought about it but nodded afterwards.

"but he didn't so that leaves me here to cry." luke pouted, rubbing his eyes.

"aw, poor lukey. would it make you better if i told you ashton regretted breaking up with you?" michael questioned softly and that caught luke's attention, causing luke to raise his head.

"really? he never told me that." luke knitted his eyebrows in confusion and michael nodded with a small smile on his face.

"he told me himself. i wanted to tell you but i'm very forgetful, sorry." michael nervously said and luke shot him a death glare. but it wasn't too serious though.

"you should've fucking told me earlier, what a waste of my fucking tears." luke grumbled, burrying his face into michael's pillow but he was actually secretly grinning.

"at least i told you." michael rolled his eyes, scrolling down on his tumblr.

luke scoffed, slapping michael lightly but a quiet giggle left his lips as he did so. they two ended up having a tickle fight and obviously luke won because michael was very ticklish. he actually hated being tickled but luke was lucky that michael hasn't kicked off his head yet.

michael loved being with luke. it made him feel content when luke was around. but in a brotherly way, though. it was a different feeling with being around calum yet it was quite the same. minus the brotherly part.

---
SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN 393847 YEARS IVE BEEN V BUSY LATELY I HOPE YALL UNDERSTAND.

this is just a filler donut worry.

i need to do my hw now bye.