twenty five

((a/n; extra long chapter bc we have fluff and s m u t. thanks for 4k readers btw ily.))

michael woke up from his nap, only to wake up to lots of missed calls and unread texts from calum. he really wanted to ignore calum's texts and calls so he could continue his nap, but he didn't have the heart to. michael was sort of worried as to why calum was being like this.

michael nervously reached towards his phone, hesitantly tapping the green button. "hello?"

"mikey." calum sniffled from the other line, making michael clench his eyes shut. "why did you leave me?"

the crack in calum's voice gave it all away. he was crying because of michael. and that made michael feel so guilty. "'m sorry, i--"

"no, you listen here. you know that i love you, why are you like this?" calum breathed out, wiping his eyes.

michael was silent for awhile because he was personally confused. did he do something wrong? "baby, i just didn't--"

calum interrupted with a dry laugh, "tell me michael, right now. do you love me or not. because it seems like you don't."

"cal, i do love you. don't be like this. did you even read the note i left you?" michael asked, biting down on his tongue.

"what note?" calum asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he searched for a paper on his nightstand. "you didn't leave me anything."

michael sighed, furrowing his eyebrows. "maybe it fell." and heard shuffling on the other end.

"oh." calum squeaked, picking up the neon yellow sticky note that was on the floor, feeling extremely embarrassed. he shouldn't have jumped into conclusions.

'my mum wants me home and i didn't want to wake you up because you looked so peaceful. don't be mad at me. i love you lots.

-mikey.'

"don't jump into conclusions, next time, babe." michael chuckled, shaking his head.

"i-- um. i-i thought-- you--" calum stuttered, not being able to continue his sentence as he was practically dying from embarrassment.

it's fine, cally. i would've been the same." michael assured, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"god, i'm such an idiot." calum murmured, rubbing his temples.

michael giggled, putting calum on speaker instead since his hand was getting tired, "you're my idiot though."

"that's true." calum hummed, a nervous smile tugging on his lips, "listen, about yesterday, i uh-- i never wanted you to distance youself from me. it's just-- i just wanted to ask and i regret it. please don't distance yourself from me"

"calum, why don't you come over. we can talk face to face." michael suggested, biting down on his bottom lip.

"uh," calum lifted his arm up to sniff at his armpits but grimaced at the smell, "i need to take a shower first."