Wait... What?

"Why me? Why me? Why me?!"
"Andy, I don't think the world is out to get you."
"Hey, you don't know that. Every second something new and dramatic pops up and oh my god. This is because of the time I never returned the movie in the video store and I convinced the employee that I had a life threatening disease just so I didn't have to pay a fine!"
"I hardly thi-"
"NO! You don't understand! I sat on the phone telling the poor boy the symptoms of sick-o-citis and he was convinced he had it too! I made it all up!"
"Calm down. It is not your fault... It was maybe too much money for you at the time, right? You know not what you do in desperate times."
"It was a $4.00 movie. And it wasn't even good!"
"Calm do-"
"CALM DOWN? CALM DOWN? ALL I HAVE BEEN WAS CALM AND THE UNIVERSE HATES ME AND EVERYBODY HAS A MOTIVE TO RUIN MY LIFE FOREVER. I AM A GOOD PERSON. I DONATE A DOLLAR TO HEART DISEASE AT THE STORE CHECKOUT. I DONT DESERVE THIS TORTURE. oh... My... I'm crazy aren't I? I'm going crazy! My brain is melting and I'm going insane."
"Not at all. Have you had any sort of breakdown lately? Its likely due to the amount of stress you're under. Take some relaxers when you get home. And you should feel better."
"Stress? I drove 40 minutes and paid my stupid co-pay AND a parking fee and had to wait in a waiting room shoved on a mysteriously stained 1970's fabric chair, rubbing elbows with a heavy breathing, sweaty, bald guy? FOR STRESS? Hell, my kitchen sponge could have told me that."
"Your sass is not appreciated. But, if you'd like I could recommend some other medications to help deteriorate the mood swings. And it may even help lower stress levels."
"Yeah, whatever. I'll see you next week.."
"Be safe out there, Andy."
"Always, Dr."
I gather my things and make my way to my car. I take a minute to breath and start the ignition. The radio comes on and sure enough 'it's too cooOOold for you here---' pops on the radio. Okay, honestly, they could have chosen a more recent song to play. I quickly turn to a different radio station and drive away.
The thing that sucks the most is that I don't know where my life is headed. I want nothing more than to fix my relationship with everyone since its all a mess, but I know it is unlikely to happen anytime soon. It is not even them, it's me. I am scared to speak up. That's exactly what I need to do. But, when the time comes. Right now, I need me-time. I don't even know what is going on with Nick and I. I mean he knows I'm not stable enough for anything other than casual friends right now. Even though I did kiss him goodnight on the cheek when he dropped me off at my apartment, it wasnt anuthing more than a sign of appreciation. He does understand I have other priorities.

Ring ring (my phone buzzes in the cup holder.)
Yup.
I decide to answer despite of who is on the other end.
"Hey, Zach."
"Hey! How's it going? Finally I get ahold of you. Why haven't you called me back?"
"Look, this is not a good time to talk. I'm driving home from a therapist. I'll text you when I get home, okay? I promise."
There was a sudden disappointment in his voice. "Yeah, I get it. Call or text when you can. Thanks for letting me hear your voice. Bye."
I can't help but crack a smile. Maybe ignoring him wasn't a good idea in the first place but , like I said, I can't think of what to say. If it was right, the words would practically pour out of my mouth perfectly.
Yet, I think I should text him. I want to see if he has something to say, maybe the conversation will pick up from there.

After another half hour of driving, I arrive at my apartment.
"Andy! Whatsup!" Nick's voice plays eagerly against my eardrums.
Why is everybody so obsessed with  me?
I turn around to see my friend dressed up in a suit and tie.
"What's the occasion?" I ask him.
"I have a date tonight!"
"Ohh, really? Who's the lucky lady?"
He rolls his eyes at my question and explains how a girl he knew asked him to be his date for some function. He does seem extraordinarily happy.
"You look really nice in a suit." I don't know what is coming over me but seeing my friend so happy gives me a good feeling.
"You think so?"
"Yeah. I do." Our small talk falls into awkward silence.
Nick thankfully intervenes with a cheerful "well, I better go! I'll talk to you later and fill you in on my evening."
I nod with an agreeing smile and make my way to my bed. Ahhh it feels good to be here.
I spend the next hour contemplating on whether or not to text Zach. I keep debating with myself the possibilities of what will happen if I do. The end results of my debate all comes out to I have no idea what will happen.
Come on Andy, you can do it. Just text him! What's the worst that can happen? I whisper to myself. UGHGH FINE. I say in a stronger tone.
I find Zach's contact in my phone and start the conversation with a simple 'hey'.
Zach: you willing to talk to me now?
Me: yes
Zach: okay.... How are you?
Me: good. You?
Z: I'm alright I guess. And now, give me the real answer. How are you?
Me: that obvious?
Z: yeah, kinda. Tell me.
Me: I'm a wreck! I don't know where my life is going! Every day something shocking happens and I can't take this stress.
Z: what happened?
Me: a lot..but..its too much to text.
Z: I'd call but I'm in a loud environment.
Me: oh, partying I see?
Z: something like that. Anyways, you seem like you need a break. Come to California. Visit here. Move here.
Me: and do what?
Z: marry me
Me: lmao you clearly are drinking, I'll call you in the morning..
Z: OK

Was he serious? I'll find out in the morning I guess.