Leaving Tonight (pt. 1)

"Andy!"

I ignore the voice yelling behind me.

"Andy! What are you doing?!"

The voice calls out again, following me upstairs.

"What are you doing?" The voice repeats in a tone that says they are out of breath.

"What do you think I'm doing, Jesse?" I turn around and confront the man that stands towering over me.

"If I knew what you were doing, I wouldn't be asking you." Jesse says quietly trying to calm me down.

"I'm leaving, Jesse Rutherford." I state in a firm voice.

"What? What do you mean you're leaving?!"

I turn back around and put my belongings I had left in Jesse's bathroom into my bag.

"Andy, stop that. You aren't leav-"

I rudely cut him off, "yes I am. You can't tell me what to do." I'm getting a headache now.

"What the hell? Why are you doing this?" Jesse looks at me like he is completely clueless.

"I don't know, Jesse. Why don't you tell me why that girl was kissing your neck and whispering things in your ear?!"

"Oh, don't play that innocent act!" He raises his voice.

"What innocent act?!" I raise my voice mimicking Jesse.

"You don't think I see it? You were on a date too! And Zach never stops asking about you and the way he always has to know how you are and what you are doing and when you see each other, he acts like you are the devil or something!"

"You have no idea what you are talking about!"

I continue searching through the room for the rest if my things.

"And I wasn't on a date date! It was just friends hanging out. I don't have those kinds of feeling for him! It was just something fun to do!" I continue my argument.

"Well if you can have fun, why can't I have fun? Huh? Answer me!" Jesse blocks the bathroom door so I can't get out.

"Shut up, Jesse. And stop blocking the door." I try to keep my shaky voice calm.

"Please, don't go." He lowers his voice too.

"I'm so sorry. Its not for good. Its just for now. I need to figure everything out. I am going through Hell and nobody sees it. I need to take care of myself."

"What are you talking about? How are you going through Hell?" He looks at me like I'm a sick puppy.

"Because...I just am."

"Talk to me." Jesse takes one step closer to me.

"I will later. But right now I have to go. Please, Jesse. Please." I almost beg him. He kindly steps out of the way with a confused expression. I pick up all my bags and head downstairs.

"Andy! Where are you going? What's going on?" Zach stands up from the couch with the same expression Jesse had. I bite my lip before I continue out the door.

"I'll call you later." I say just before shutting the door. I almost want to go back in to see what is going on in that house? Are they watching me leave? Do they even care? I shake my head at the thoughts and walk to my car and shove my bags in the trunk. I stand there for a second to regain my mind. This is a good thing, I think. The only problem is that they still have no clue where I'm going. They don't need to know...not now. Its too much for them, in my opinion. How could I stand there and tell them that I am going back to New York? Or the reason why I am leaving...