6 Little Words

Its been a week since I ran into Jesse at the burger place. He hasn't contacted me but I am not surprised. I wasn't expecting anything, actually. I recently got a job at one of the boutiques on the beach. I get paid practically nothing but its just something to do. I have to get to work in about an hour so I get up from my bed, take a shower, and watch a little TV. There is usually nothing to watch but I just flip to TLC and put on whatever is playing. Right now its Say Yes to the Dress but I actually kind of like that show. I used to dream about my wedding day all the time when I was younger. I wanted a white horse and carriage to drop me off at the church and everything is sparkling and people are crying over how beautiful I looked and my husband gets all emotional saying his vows. It was going to be perfect. But right now I am only 19 so I have plenty of time to figure everything out. I glance over at the time and grab my car keys and drive to work. Today was a rather slow day. I just took inventory and helped a younger girl find a homecoming dress and an older lady find a gold necklace to match a black suit she had just bought. I was on my lunch break when my phone lights up. It was my brother texting me asking me what size his bed was. I guess he was getting new sheets or something. I am not sure. 23 years old and still lives with us. But I'm not surprised because he still doesn't know the difference between a king and a queen sized bed. I put my phone down to take another bite of my salad and I see my phone light up again. Its probably Sam asking me something else. I open up the message to find its an unknown number. All it reads is "hey". I'm scared to reply back because maybe its a killer or somebody. But curiosity came over me so I just responded with "hi. Who is this?". I put my phone back down and not too long after I get another text. It reads "Jesse. The guy from the plane. This is Andy right?" My heart just skipped a beat. I cannot believe he actually texted me! I write back "oh hey! Yup its Andy. I wasn't expecting you to text me...whats up?"

Its been 5 minutes since I sent that and now I have gone in a state of panic. What if that text annoyed him? Or I bothered him in some way and now he's ignoring me and he hates me and our nonexistent relationship is over?!

I finally see my phone light up again. The texts reads "lol nothing much. What are you doing?"

"I'm at work right now. Super bored."

"Do you want to get coffee?"

6 little words. 6 little words that gave me butterflies in my stomach. That made my heart die a little. I don't want to seem Desperate but OBVIOUSLY I want to go get coffee with him!!! I try to play it cool and respond with

"Yeah okay. When?"

He just writes "how about Friday? 5 o'clock? We can meet by the coffee place down at the beach of that's cool with you. If its not we could do something else."

AHHH IM SCREAMING INSIDE.

"Okay! Yeah that seems good! See you Friday" I put my phone faced down and throw what's left of my salad back into the fridge and go back to work. I cannot wait until Friday.