Promises

After arriving back in New York, none of the team had much to do. Johnny and I were up to our normal stupid antiques before we were interrupted by a parcel being delivered. Inside were our new suits covered in company logo's "These are so cool!" I exclaimed holding a suit up to my body. "The suits definitely look brighter" Johnny stated in agreement looking at the colourful badges that were sewn on to our previously dull blue suits. As we walked to Reed's office hand in hand with a suit slung over Johnny's shoulder we called out to Reed and Sue letting them know of our presence "Hey Guy's" I called catching their attention. "New uniforms just showed up. What do you think?" Johnny asked as he held up the uniform. Sue made a look of disgust, leaving Johnny disappointed.

"I think there is no way we're wearing that Johnny " his sister replied walking past the two of us. "What do you have against capitalism?" I shouted after her before turning to Johnny with a sigh. "What's this?" Johnny began as he walked across the lab to a sheet covered object, myself close behind. "Just a little hobby of mine" Reed answered without looking up from his work. "Yeah?" I said as Johnny walked closer touching the sheet. "Would it make a good toy, or is it something science-y ?" He asked. "A little of both " Reed replied. As Johnny and I went to have a sneak peek Reed stopped us with out even looking. "Uh-uh" He hummed still not removing his eyes from his work. Johnny and I backed away sheepishly before looking at Reed's fingers moving rapidly fast on his keyboard amplified by his power. "I'm both impressed and disgusted at that." Johnny stated causing me to grimace in agreement. "Yeah. Sue say's I'm addicted to it." Reed replied. "I wonder why she'd say that." I stated looking to Johnny.

"Hey Johnny, Alexa" Reed whisper shouted catching our attention again. "Keep it quiet, but I've cross-referenced and analysed the global disturbances." Reed began as we walked over to his work station were a massive computer had just come to life."They've been caused by cosmic radiation, not unlike the kind that gave us our powers." Reed finished " Wow that's really boring " Johnny said as he sat down on a desk chair, patting his thigh indicating for me to take a seat. "Listen, I have a very important wedding issue we need to talk about." Johnny began as he slid us across the room next to Reeds chair,"Yeah of course." Reed replied as Johnny wrapped his hands around my waist. "Your bachelor party" Johnny stated with a grin and Reed replied with a horrified expression." No, seriously, Johnny " Reed said with a slight laugh and pleading eyes to me. "John" Johnny replied leaving me and Reed both in confusion. "Focus-testing showed Johnny skewed a little young." I turned to my boyfriend with a raised eyebrow. "Seriously, Johnny no bachelor party. It's not my kind of thing." Reed stated again.

"John, I can't see myself moaning that" I said in all seriousness looking Johnny dead in the eye and then looking towards Reed's horrified face. I removed my self from Johnny's lap and sat on the desk as Johnny skidded his chair over to Reed again. "Then do it for Ben. It means a lot to the big guy. You'll break his heart." Johnny persuaded. "He does have some sort of rocklike heart, doesn't he." I added whilst picking at my nails."I have to much to do before the wedding" Reed insisted "I think Sue might have a problem with it." Reed continued. "You know what I think Sue might have a problem with? If somebody told her you were investigating global disturbances and cosmic radiation, instead of actually focusing on the wedding like you promised" Johnny finished leaving a silence in the lab. Reed rolled his chair back over to Johnny with a smirk. "A bachelor Party could be fun" Reed answered causing Johnny to fist pump the air."But no exotic dancers" Reed implied. Causing Johnny to sigh. "Well I wonder if Sue will say the same for her bachelorette party" I said with a smirk leaving the men in a stunned silence.