Responsibilities

It was like I'd been in an extremely deep sleep and I'd been woken up with ice being dragged across my entire body. My body ached and the neon lights that surrounded me stung my eyes as I forced them open. The sky was black and the sound of foreign voices reminded me of where I was. I sat up gingerly from the cold hard floor I'd been placed on and looked around at the people that surrounded me, Norrin had gone, but as I turned my head, I took in Sue, Reed and Ben until my eyes fell Johnny who had just landed and extinguished his flames, He looked to me with disbelief until a smile broke across his face and tears streamed down his cheeks."Lex.." He breathed. "Hi" I smiled as he skidded to my side. "Hi" He returned stunned as he placed his hand carefully on my cheek, I braced myself for the power switch but it never came. With no second thoughts Johnny wrapped his arms around me and kissed me carefully on the lips.

"What'd I miss?" I questioned with a giggle causing the others to chuckle. After managing to my feet hugs were given all round and I'd discovered the Surfer had saved my life we made our way towards the cops, "So I guess this is it" Ben stated as Johnny and I walked besides him hand in hand."We all go our separate ways" Ben continued "No" Reed replied. "No?" Johnny asked. "No" Sue confirmed."If it wasn't for the team the whole world would be gone by now." Reed began, "We can't run away from our responsibilities. This is who we are." Sue finished.

"That's what Lex and I have been saying" Johnny stated as he squeezed my hand. "What about having a normal life?" I asked them. "A family" Reed replied instantly. "Who said you have to be normal to have a family."

"So are you up for another media-circus wedding? fifth times a charm." Sue stated."No" Reed sighed "I've got a better idea" He finished with a smirk.