Towels

After getting back to the military facility, Johnny and I got cleaned up ready for our next assignment. As I left the shower room in nothing but a towel and waited for Johnny the female officer walked towards me. "Great" I huffed as Johnny exited the locker at the same time. "Mr. Storm" she called as we walked away from her, completely ignoring my presence. We turned around to be met by her bitchy glare. "We're heading to intercept the Surfer in 10 minutes, with or without you two" she commanded finally looking to me as if I was a piece of shit. Feeling exposed I pulled my towel tighter, "Were you just waiting for him outside the bathroom to try and catch him in a towel?" I questioned, clearly getting jealous.  She looked Johnny's torso up and down as the steam rose from his heated body before turning and walking away. Keeping a grip on my towel I stormed towards her. "Why are you being so flirtatious towards him, can't you see we're clearly happy. And why are you being such a bitch to me? you don't even know me!" I questioned as Johnny kept his distance. "Actually, I know you both very well. I read your personality profiles. He's confident. Reckless. Irresponsible. Self-obsessed, bordering on narcissism."I sighed and nodded in agreement making eye contact with Storm. "And you are just another heart his going to break. People like him don't change. All I've seen is a guy that almost got you killed and an emotional wreck of a woman that claims to have her shit sorted out" I looked to the floor in silence as she walked past me deliberately bumping into my bare shoulder. Johnny walked forward with his arm reached forward bracing himself for a hug before I stopped him. "No Johnny, she's right, I just need to pull myself together." and with that, I walked away tears streaming down my face yet again.

After suiting up and having hardly any communication with anyone let alone Johnny, myself and the team arrived in Black Forest, Germany. "Sir, he's in position north of here." The blonde bitch informed. "Good" The General replied. "General, give us a one -mile perimeter," Reed asked. "Forget it, Richards. You had your shot and you blew it. This is a military operation now. So jam the signal, get out of the way and let us do our job." The General finished barging between the group."You don't understand." Reed began. "No, you don't understand. So let me make it clear for you and your pack of freaks" the General began as the female officer glared at me."I'm the quarterback. You're on my team. Got it? But I guess you never played football in high school, did you, Richards?" The General finished and began to walk away again. " No, you're right, I didn't. I stayed in and studied like a good little nerd. And fifteen years later...I'm one of the greatest minds of the 21st century. I'm engaged to the hottest girl on the planet. And the big jock who played quarterback in high school, Is standing right in front of me, asking me for my help, and I say he's not gonna get a damn thing... unless he does exactly what I tell him to... and starts treating my friends and me with some respect." By the time Reed had had his rant he and General were inches away from each other's faces and I have to give it to him, that was one hell of a roast and I desperately wanted to applaud him.

The General stayed quiet until instructing his men to do what Richards wanted. Sue walked to Reed's side before whispering "I'm so hot for you right now." I laughed before Johnny walked to Reed and threw his arms around him shouting "Me too" as their powers swapped causing me to giggle."Careful Johnny" Richards sighed. "All right let's get to work" I instructed as I looked to Johnny and smiled, somehow managing to once again fall deeper in love with him, the blonde bimbo can shove it, he's all mine.