Chapter 12

Hi Guys...

I'm so so so sorry that I haven't posted recently but I have my reasons. Anyway I've just got a few things to say before I get to the chapter:

1. I just want to thank everyone as the Nerd has reached over 1 million reads.... OMG guys I never thought that would happen so thank you so so so much. 

2. I just wanted to try and advertise a new film that's just come out based on one of my favourite book series called the Mortal Instruments. I just wanted to recommend the film to you guys as I've already seen it twice and I love it. I've attached the trailer to this chapter but guys you have to go and watch it even if you've already watched it go and watch it again this weekend. In my eyes it has an amazing cast and a good amount of action sequences. By the way guys there are more trailers on Youtube I've just tried to pick the best one. 

Finally, what you've all been waiting for...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked down at my hand when I felt my phone vibrate. I found a new message from Becki.

Hav fun tonight :)

I smiled at the thought of tonight. Jake had arranged a date for tonight but had refused to tell me where we were going. I walked towards Jake's classroom and walked straight in to find him and Scott leaning over the desk staring at something.

"Have you tried to do it the manual way?" Jake asked.

"Yes there's no way to get around it" Scott said whilst scribbling some figures on a piece of paper.

"Hey" I said as I walked towards them.

“Hey Hayden” Scott looked up.

Jake turned around and smiled at me when he saw me stood there. "What time is it?"

"5 past 4" His eyebrows suddenly shot up.

"I didn't think it was that time" he muttered to himself. "Do you want the keys because I'll only be like 5 minutes"

"Ok"

"Wait isn't it date night tonight?" Scott asked us as I took the keys off of Jake.

"I guess if that's what you want to call it" Jake said smiling before quickly kissing my cheek. I suddenly had images of what tonight would be like and couldn't help the slight blush.

"I'll go and open the car" I said before turning around and walking out of the classroom. I started to walk down the hallway whilst trying to get rid of my smile but I couldn't help it. It would be our first date and also my first ever date and even though I'm not exactly a girly girl I was really excited. Can you believe as well Jake can pick me up from my house tonight like a real date as my mum was going to be out. I don’t really know what my mum was going out for tonight because she hadn’t really given me a proper reason. As I walked closer to the entrance of the college and a dark figure was leaning against the wall. I lowered my head slightly and carried on walking towards the exit before I felt someone grab hold of my forearm and turn me around swiftly.

“Jackson” I gasped.

“Hey Hayden” he said smiling at me.

“What do you want?” I asked coldly. I had decided the other night that I need to stop acting soft and get a grip especially with Travis and Aiden around now. I couldn’t always rely on Jake and the other guys to be around.

“Oh nothing just thinking that recently since Amber’s finished with me and I’m all alone lately I thought we could have some fun” he said whilst jerking me towards him and whispering the last part in my ear.