Chapter 1: Decieved

10 years later
"Miss Roberts, you are not supposed to be outside in this kind of weather." My  nurse said walking outside to retrieve me.

"I want to be out here. The snow reminds me of someone." I said calmly.

"Who Miss Roberts? You haven't had any visitors for 10 years. It's a miracle that you remember anyone besides my mother and myself." She told me smiling.

"I remember everything from my past. It's all very fresh on my mind dear." I told her tracing a crown in the snow.

"That's tragic. If it makes any difference, I don't think you are insane." She told me.

"Thank you dear, I think I'm ready to go back to my room now." I said taking her hand and walking back to my room.
-------------------------------------------------------
                      10 years earlier

The previous two months went by in what seemed like minutes. Justin worked with me trying to strengthen my power while I tried my best to avoid Peter. He tried to talk to me a couple of times, but I came up with excuses to leave before he said anything with any meaning.

I was extremely happy to find that my teammates were getting along very well with the members of the island. They were all becoming friends, some more than others, but it was great to see.

It took a week or so, but I convinced Dr. White and the government to let Stephen go home to find his girlfriend Jess. He went to find her, and now we have no idea where he is. He thought that it would be safer for everyone if none of us knew their location.

Justin was my only support system while we were at the island, but I feel closer to him than ever before here even with all of my friends around.

"Sam, it's time to wake up." Justin said from beside me. He lightly pushed the hair away from my face.

"Can you carry me to breakfast? I don't want to stand up." I begged him. I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"The things I will do for you." He said smiling and shaking his head.

"Thank you." I said as he slowly lifted me in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and
I rested my head on his chest.

"Are you carrying her in here again?" Annie asked.

"Yes, leave him alone. He's doing a good thing." I said.

"She's got you wrapped around her little finger Justin. Sooner or later, she'll be making you carry her all day long." Annie said laughing.

"No, she just doesn't like mornings. I'm alright with carrying her down here." He said slowly putting me down in a chair.

He paused and looked at me a moment.

"Cereal please." I said before yawning again.

"Got it." He said making my breakfast and then making his own.

I started to eat my food, and I saw Cindy smiling as she talked to Dave. I found myself silently hoping that they became a couple. She needed someone to make her happy because Ben sure wasn't doing it.