Chapter 4: Reporters and Reconciliations

The following two weeks went by in a flash. Justin continued to train me physically while Troy helped me with my mental powers. Peter thought that it would be best for all of us if we stopped reading each other's minds. Peter and Gemma broke up a few days after Justin took  me to Paris. Gemma told him that she wanted to see other people. He was approached by the News Team when he was out getting a book from the library. They asked him questions about "my wedding" because he was on the list of people attending. He answered the questions as if it was really happening because he knew that saying it wasn't going to occur would cause chaos. Speeches from William, my father, and Peter appeared on the news. I never watched their interviews because I was too paranoid about the wedding in the first place. While Peter posted a couple of other covers on YouTube and everyone payed so much attention to him, I was back to avoiding him at all costs and spending most of my time with Justin.

On the day that I was supposed to report to my father I was anxious. Justin commented on it when we woke up, and Troy commented on it during our practice. I told them I was just tired, but I don't think that either of them believed it. When I finished practicing with Troy, I decided I was going to leave and marry William. I decided that it was the best option for everyone.

"Good job today Sweetheart. You're improving rapidly." He said smiling.

"Thanks, but what did I say about calling me that?" I said crossing my arms.

"That I can whenever Luke and Justin are not around." He said confidently.

I shoved him. "No, you can't call me that at all."

"Ah, but Sweetheart, it looks like I just did." He said smirking.

"You know, I really hate you." I said.

"Sure you do. There is an extremely thin line between hate and love" He said grinning.

"I'm leaving. Go use your charm on some other girl." I said.

"Will do. Where are you going?" He asked.

"Just out. Can you tell Justin I'm leaving? I don't want him to be worried." I said.

"Sure thing Sweetheart." He said before I teleported to the shore of the nearest beach before the island. It took all of my strength.

I landed on the shore and fell into the sand.

"Sam? Is that you?" I heard Jonas ask.

"Yeah, it's me." I said slowly standing up from the sand.

"I knew you wouldn't leave me here to die." He said wrapping his arms around me.

"I'd never leave you to die Jonas. You mean to much to me for me to do that." I said ruffling his hair with my hand.

"You know what this means right Sam? You have to marry William." He said frowning.

"No, I don't. Grab my hand. I think I have enough strength left to teleport us home." I said holding my hand out for him.

He put a knife to my neck.

"You're not Jonas are you?" I asked knowing it wasn't him.

"I knew you would try to do something like that. This is Carlos." My father said coming into view as the fake Jonas turned into a man around his twenties.

"My apologies madame. I hope I didn't frighten you too much." He said not lowering his knife. He had an accent, but I couldn't quite figure it out.