Chapter 12: Destruction

I was woken up by Peter moving out of the bed.

I opened my eyes slowly.

"Peter?" I asked him.

"Sam, I didn't mean to wake you." He told me softly.

"Why are you up?" I asked him looking at the clock that said 6:00.

"I'm just meeting with some of the guys." He told me.

"About what?" I asked him rubbing my eyes.

"It's not important. Don't worry about it. You can go back to sleep." He told me changing into jeans and a shirt.

I frowned.

"Can you stay?" I asked him sadly before he left the room.

He sighed and sat back down next to me.

I sat up next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder. He ran his hand through my hair slowly untangling the mess.

We sat there for a while in silence until he spoke again.

"I really have to go this time." He told me with a frown.

"You have to?" I asked.

"I promised Luke that I would show up." He told me honestly.

"I guess you can leave then. What are these meetings even for?" I asked him curiously.

Peter looked conflicted.

"I'm not really supposed to tell you." He told me honestly.

"Why?" I asked him confused.

"Sam, I promise you that it's not a big deal. If it were important, I would tell you. It's just something Luke wanted us to do as a group." He told me.

I crossed my arms.

"You know I don't like secrets." I told him.

"And you know that i'm not a liar. I swear that it's not important to you." He promised kissing my forehead softly.

"Fine, go have your fun with all the guys. Maybe the girls will start having secret meetings behind your backs." I told him sourly.

"Go ahead. Have fun." He told me before kissing my cheek softly and uttering a quick goodbye.

I flopped back onto the bed and slept for a little longer. The next time I woke up, I got ready and left determined to start some kind of meeting for the girls.

I walked around the house and found each of them separately. The only girls I couldn't find were Adeline, Gemma, and Claire.

As I looked down the hallway, I saw Gemma and Troy talking.

"Hey Gemma, the girls are getting together in the study. You don't have to come, but I thought it'd let you know." I told her.

"Why?" Troy asked confused.

"Well, I figured that if the guys kept meeting up without us, we should meet up without you all." I told him .

"I didn't realize that the guys were meeting." He told me honestly.

Gemma laughed.