Chapter 2: Princess in Pink... Floyd

It was two weeks after the incident, and Andrew was still nowhere to be found. I was grateful for that because we were all slowly getting over it. It somehow spread to everyone on the team that I had kissed Andrew willingly, and then I denied it and confessed my undying love to Peter. Luke, Peter, and Justin helped me clear up that rumor that was started by an anonymous person *cough Gemma *cough   

Justin still didn't like Peter, and he changed his mind about me meeting with him to work on my telepathy. I did it anyways. Beck didn't have time to help me, and I wouldn't get anything done if Troy tried to help me.

Justin and I worked out our problems. I made sure he understood what I was feeling, and he did the same. He was back to staying in my room most of the time to avoid Peter, and I liked it that way. When the government put up the curfew machine's outside the doors, my solution was to fly through the walls to get Justin to my room. He was still directly under me. It was risky, but I didn't think we would get caught. Peter would just ignore us I guess because he was always reading something when I can down there.

I was eating breakfast with the team when Dr. White entered the room.

"Hello everyone. You have all been doing a great job with the new curfew system, and I would like to keep it that way. I need to see Samantha and Ben for a moment." He said before walking into the conference room.

"Yes sir?" Ben asked when we went in there.

"I know I asked you to be the leader Ben, but I think you should co-lead the team. It has gotten to be significantly bigger, and I think the job has gotten out of hand for you Ben. I also think a leadership position would be good for you and your circumstance Samantha." He said.

"Thank you sir." I said as Ben said "Okay sir"

"You two will work well together. I need you to both choose a team of 2 people not including yourselves to go help local police forces with a shooting in Iverson Mall. Hurry." Dr. White said.

"Annie and Luke." I said.

"Good idea. Let's tell them, and you can teleport us there." He said running into the kitchen. I was right behind him.

"Annie and Luke, we need to go right now." Ben said.

"Dave, come with us." I said.

"He said two other people." Ben argued.

"We don't have time to argue. He could heal someone who has been injured." I said teleporting all five of us outside the mall.

"I'll inform the police force of our help. You all go find the shooter. I'll meet you there." Ben said running to them.

I looked for the shooters mind, and I saw a chaotic and terrified mind. He was upset because the people there were happy, and his family had died in a fire.

"Luke, you need to stay back with Dave and do not use your powers. Do you understand?" I said.

"What if..." He started to say.

"Trust me, don't." I warned running towards the center of the mall. The police tried to stop me, but when they saw who I was, they stepped back.

I ran until I saw the shooter with a gun against a woman's head.

"Dave and Luke, go to the wounded over there. Annie, stay close behind me." I said walking over to him.

"Who are you? Are you the police?" He asked me.

"Do I look like police to you?" I asked.

"No, you look like the insane girl that was on the news the other day. You tried to kill all of those people." He said smirking.