Epilogue

I was in the perfect dress. I was marrying the perfect man. I had the perfect bridesmaids helping me get ready and giving me support.
I had the perfect wedding, but something was wrong.

I was freaking out while I was waiting. Julia and Annie, my maid of honor and bridesmaid respectively, tried to calm me down.

"Everything is alright. Today is going to be great. You're safe, and everyone here loves you." Annie told me.

"There is something wrong. Something isn't right." I told them pacing nervously across the room.

"There is nothing wrong Sam. I don't understand why you're freaking out right now. You've been waiting for this day since middle school." Julia told me taking my hand in hers.

"I can't explain it. Something is missing. Someone is missing." I told her.

"Is it your father?" Julia asked me.

I shook my head.

"No, I accepted the fact that he is gone a long time ago." I told her.

"Is it Justin?" Annie asked.

At the sound of his name, I stumbled. I didn't want to cry. It was my wedding day, and I wasn't going to cry before it even began.

I nodded my head holding back the tears.

"He promised me that he'd come back. He promised that he'd see me again." I told her.

"Maybe he's just waiting for the right time." She told me trying to comfort me.

"When is there going to be a better time? It's my wedding day, and he just didn't even bother to show up." I complained feeling anger now instead of the sadness that was built up inside me before.

"Maybe he tried to leave. Maybe he just couldn't." Annie told me.

"How hard is it to come from Washington D.C. to Georgia? If you ask me, he's just upset that he's lost you for good now. You're special, and he doesn't want to see you marry another guy, even if it is his friend Peter." Julia speculated. She didn't know the whole story. I could only tell her parts of things.

I didn't want to believe her, but I was pretty sure that she was right. He didn't come because he didn't want to see us get married. He wanted to be the groom.

I shook my head and straightened my dress.

"If he's not going to be here, then that's fine with me. I love Peter, and I am marrying Peter. He's my soulmate, and today is going to be amazing with or without Justin's presence." I told them both.

They smiled and finished getting me ready.
I looked at myself in the mirror.

I smiled as the wedding started

I smiled as the wedding started. The music played, and I walked down the aisle with my grandmother, Mrs. Sue. I couldn't take my eyes off of Peter, and I couldn't stop smiling.