Chapter 10: The News

I never went back to the room that night. Instead, I went to the kitchen and cooked myself bacon and toast. It had been a while since I ate anything other than cereal. I ate in alone in silence. I was thinking about my decision. My brain was trying to talk myself out of it, but I knew that this was best for everyone including myself.

Justin was the first one in the kitchen.

"What are you doing up so early?" He asked me curiously.

"I never slept. I couldn't sleep." I told him.

"Did you tell him what you decided to do?" He asked me.

"No, I don't think he's awake yet. He needed the sleep." I told him.

"I'm actually nervous for what you're going to decide. I really do want what's best for you." He told me.

"I know you do Justin." I told him softly.

I grabbed the extra bacon and toast I made, I poured a glass of orange juice, and I put them all on a plate.

"Follow your heart." He told me kindly. I gave him a small smile before teleporting to my room.

Peter was sitting on the bed shirtless and asleep.

I placed the food down and crawled next to him. My movement woke him up.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." I joked at him leaning my head on his chest.

"She was always my favorite princess. She reminded me of you." He told me honestly smiling softly.

"You're the one to talk, you're always asleep." I joked with him.

"That's very true." He told me running his hands through my hair.

"I made you breakfast." I told him softly.

"Wow, you were up early." He joked smiling and helping me sit up.

"I never went to sleep." I admitted honestly. I stood up and grabbed the plate and drink. I handed them to him, and he smiled.

"Bacon, toast and orange juice, my old usual breakfast." He smiled.

"I thought about what you asked last night. I talked with Justin. I thought for a long time last night about it." I told him.

"Did you come up with a decision?" He asked me. I could detect his nerves behind his voice.

"Yeah, I sort of did. I don't know if I can marry you right now Pete. I'm sorry. I really want to eventually. I just can't do it solely because of what might happen. That makes it too real for me. I can't keep thinking about us fighting. Please don't be mad at me." I told him softly.

"I'm not mad at you at all. How could I be mad at you for how you feel? I won't lie to you and say that I'm not disappointed, but I understand." He responded kissing my forehead softly.

"I love you still. You're still my soulmate Peter. I'm going to walk down that aisle and marry you one day, but I don't know if I can right now." I told him honestly.

"I'm looking forward to it, but until then, I'm still allowed to kiss you right?" He joked.

"Not until you brush your teeth. You have terrible morning breath this morning." I joked with him.

"I love you Samantha." He told me smiling.

"I love you too Peter." I told him.

------------------------------------------------------

Peter told me to dress in something nice and that he was going to take me somewhere, so I took a shower and changed into a black open shoulder swing dress.