Chapter 5: I Do

I quickly put on my dress, and a maid my father hired fixed my hair

I quickly put on my dress, and a maid my father hired fixed my hair. The time before my wedding was dwindling down quickly. I was shaking, and my maid put her hands on my shoulders.

"It's going to be okay darling. I know you're nervous, and I know you are worried that he's not the right guy. However, he seems really great, and I promise that everything is going to be okay." She told me kindly before returning to my hair. She curled it, and she tied it back in a slight bun style on the back of my neck. She placed a flower crown on the top of my head, and she smiled.

"You look gorgeous sweetie. He's a very lucky guy to have you." She smiled before grabbing her makeup kit. She put on light makeup, and she told me she was finished.

"Thank you so much for everything ma'am. I really appreciate all you have done for me." I told her. She smiled one last time before walking out of the room.

I put on my small heels, and I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and saw Peter dressed in an extremely expensive looking tux. I embraced him tightly, and his hands lightly wrapped around my waist.

"You look absolutely stunning Sam." He told me softly.

"Thanks, you look rather dashing yourself." I replied with a slight laugh.

"You don't have to do this." He whispered quietly in my ear.

"Yes, I do. I can't give this up." I told him looking into his soft green eyes.

"I love you Sam. I love you so much, and I know it's not the time for this, but I can't let you give up your happiness for him." He told me with a strong tone of sadness.

"I wish there was another way, but there isn't one. It is already decided Pete. I'm not backing out of this marriage." I explained crossing my arms.

One of my father's GEMS walked down the hallway to come get me.

"Congratulations Samantha. I'm very happy for you." He told me tritely before turning down the hallway and walking out of sight.