Chapter 6: Family

The weeks after the wedding incident went by surprisingly peacefully. I woke up every morning, and I went to sleep every night on time. The government made the announcement that my wedding was forced by my father and that the event never occurred. William was pardoned, and the whole incident was ignored.

The government added an hour to our curfew, and Troy, Gemma, and a couple other people complained, but I convinced them to go along with it without a fight. Ben and I worked out all of our differences, and I think between me and Logan constantly joking around with him and Cindy spending more time with him, we have brought him back to his old goofy self.

Beck and Mandy have finally admitted to us all that they are dating, and I'm starting to have speculations that Kara and Dave might be a couple. Jonas and Logan were fitting in with the rest of the team perfectly like I knew they would, and they have both become really close friends.

Justin and Peter have strangely been getting along a little better than normal, and it honestly makes me a little nervous how they went from hating each other to being kind of friends in only a few weeks.

I've been keeping my distance from both of them mainly because I am trying to figure out my feelings between the two of them. I am also still pretty broken after what I learned from my mother, and Luke and I haven't even been able to talk to anyone about it. The government wants us both to write a report on what we read and how we found it, but we both just can't. I didn't know how to explain what I learned that day or how I learned it. Luke was closed off from everyone, and I didn't know how to help him.

Five weeks after the wedding, Dr. Burrell and Dr. White decided that some of us needed a break from the government for a while to clear our heads. They wanted to send me, Peter, and Luke to my home in Georgia. I was so shocked that I started to cry from excitement. I wrapped Peter in a tight hug, and he looked happy too.

"I can't believe we are going home! We can see Julia and Dylan! Maybe they have a husband or wife, and they were older than us, so they very likely could have kids! I want to know how everyone is doing! This is so exciting!" I told him happily.

"My parents just moved back to Georgia because my dad's company in Tennessee just shut down, so that means we can easily stay with them." He smiled. I hugged him tighter, and then let go to face Dr. White.

I embraced him tightly, and he smiled subtly.

"Thank you sir." I told him softly.

He nodded, and I had an idea.

"Can we send the members of our team that do not have a family to go home to with us to visit Georgia?" I asked him thinking of Justin, Troy, and Adeline.

"Since we are sending everyone home at one point this month, I think that would be kind of you to offer your homes to them. Yes, they can go with you." He told me smiling.

I quickly thanked him and ran into the kitchen where the entire team was sitting eating lunch together.

"Guys I have extremely important news!" I told them smiling. They all looked up to me interested.

"The government is sending everyone home that wishes to go sometime this month. Luke, Peter, and I are leaving today to go home to Georgia, and anyone who either doesn't have a home to go to, or they don't want to visit home for a specific reason is allowed to come with us if they would like. I'm supposed to let everyone know that you can only leave once for three days, but to me, I would think that it is better than nothing." I told them happily.