Chapter 6 Part 1: Same Old Love

I'm actually going to break this chapter in half because I want to use both songs. Sorry if that's a lame reason.

I missed him a lot that was plain and simple. I longed to be in the same room with him regardless of whether we were fighting or just talking.

Matisse's parents called their 'leader' and explained the entire situation to them. After I had told Matisse's parents everything they weren't even that surprised. It was like I was just confirming their suspicions.

 At first it felt good to be sharing information with others rather than keeping it all bottled up but then it felt wrong. It was too personal for me to be talking about with Jason's enemies. These were some of the people that had made me feel ostracized in this horrible town. 

They asked personal questions too, no time for courtesy. I'd thought I lacked class these people were just plain invasive. They asked if I was still a virgin and how intimate our relationship was. The hell?  

When they asked me questions about where he lived; I answered as vaguely as possible and said that I couldn't remember where exactly he lived. Which wasn't very far from the truth. 

Their 'alpha' was supposed to meet me when he came back from wherever he was. He was going to talk me through everything he could. They took me to the pharmacy and prescribed me with 'mate withdrawal' medication. The pharmacist explained to me that I needed to take pills scientists that specialized in werewolf health had made to aid the pain of mate separation. I wasn't sure what my mom would do if she found out I was taking prescription drugs without her permission so I hid them.

The next time Jason showed up I was supposed to give someone a call. I felt like I needed to hear more of his side of the story before I took anymore drastic actions. Jason was right packs were demanding and many of the people were entitled and condescending.

The pack was offering me protection from Jason and other things along those lines that but I really just wanted to go home. I had gotten little to no sleep the previous night and when I woke up this morning there were bags underneath my eyes and my hair was a rat's nest.

Matisse was more fascinated with the idea of mates than I was. She kept asking really awkward questions but I still did my best to answer most of them without offending her.

She brought me home that Saturday afternoon and offered to stay for the night but I said it was okay and that I would just chill with my mom. It turned out my mom was taking a late night shift at the hospital so I was all alone.

I opened my window as an invitation for Jason to come in. I wanted to get things straightened out between us. I hated having things up in the air.

He didn't show until around 11 at night. I heard rustling and then he was pulling himself onto my window ledge. He had something in his hands. It was a teddy bear. It held a heart that had the corniest expression of 'I'm beary sorry' on it.

I took the bear from him and hugged him really tight, I didn't want to let him go. I knew I had to tell him what I'd done and I knew the sooner the better, but I couldn't stand the thought of him being cross with me. I led him downstairs to the living room.

"I'm sorry that about yesterday. You were right mates are equal and normally I don't apologize but this is different. I'm sorry and I will try not to react like that again. It irks me to think of you with other guys." 

I felt even guiltier. "I have a confession to make, I did something bad. It was rash and immature." I started to say.

"What exactly did you do, Elle?" he interrupted.